PFS #7: Among the Living

IronWolf

blank
Kyra moves near the fallen leader and kneels. She moves his pick well way from him and then lays her hands upon him which seems to at least stop the bleeding though he still does not come to. She then removes his armor and uses some bits of rope to secure his hands and ankles.

She begins words of prayer and a surge of healing emanates from her, making all around her feel the hurt of their wounds fade. The man groggily begins to move, straining at first against his bonds before realizing where he is and that his weapon and armor have been taken from him. He looks up, a scowl on this face. "Fools! Disrupting the stone's power!"

Jalil, retrieving the pick begins striking at the stone. It seems only his most powerful of hits are able to chip away at the stone. The leader calls out as Jalil strikes the stone "No!!

[sblock=OOC]

The stone seems to only take damage on the strongest of blows from the pick. So it is possible to destroy it, but will take several hours of work to do so. There is nothing pressing for your time at the moment though, so certainly possible.

Kyra stabalized then channeled energy. Everyone gets 6hp back, which is what brought the leader back.

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Having decided on a course of action and not having been gainsayed by his peers, Sarenrae's Inquisitor sets to with a will, determined to destroy the stone. "Sir, I'll have to ask you to quiet your shouting . . . if you do not, I'll be forced to gag you."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Miryam places a hand on Jalil's shoulder. "Oh, don't worry about that, you've got your hands full with that stone," she purrs. She pulls forth her Calistrian symbol.

"Gagging the whelp... is my job."

IronWolf

blank
Jalil continues hitting the glowing stone with the pick as Miryam glares at the bound cult leader who strains against the bonds for a few moments, then relaxes and keeps his mouth shut as Jalil continues his blows upon the stone.

The work is tedious as Jalil hammers at the stone. It takes nearly an hour for several small cracks to develop that allow the powerful, focused blows to widen those cracks. It takes another hour of striking at the stone to get the cracks to the point where chunks of the stone begin to fall off in smaller bits. The cult leader shakes his head, a scowl on his face as Kyra keeps a close eye on him.

Jalil, his arms growing fatigued as he continues to attempt to destroy the stone continues to strike the stone, the sound of the pick striking it echoing through the chamber. Finally the stone begins to crumble under the blows of the pick until if finally shatters completely, the greenish glow diminishing slowly to nothing as the rock chunks remain as non-glowing remains.

"Fools! Zyphus will have his revenge upon you!" the cult leader bellows as he futilely strains against his bonds before relaxing again.

[sblock=OOC]

The stone has been successfully destroyed after several hours of work.

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]If Miryam (and Rynn) want to go look for our missing Pathfinder while Jalil works on the stone that works for me.[/sblock]

As the stone cracks and shatters, Jalil lowers the pick head to the stone floor and leans wearily on the shaft. He looks over at the priest's words.

"Whew . . . I'm glad that task is over and done. I suppose if Zyphus is interested enough in the goings on 'round here he can come and look me up. Not looking forward to meeting him, but there's not much more I can do to stop him right now, either."

IronWolf

blank
The man looks up at Miryam from the ground where he lays bound, his eyes glance around the room and as if seeing that his plan has truly been foiled with the Zyphus Stone lying in pieces on the chamber floor he begins to speak.

"My name is Fel Bustrani. I led this Zyphus Cult in search of this stone that you have destroyed. We then planned to overrun the city of Oppara with zombies, starting with those theater patrons that were present tonight! The plan would have worked wonderfully if tonight hadn't been the night you Pathfinders sought to find one of your own."

"See, the stories of Zyphus said this great artifact was entombed here, long before this city rose to glory. After much research I determined its location should be under this theater house. But I needed help gain access and you Pathfinders have such a knack for getting into places most would not allow people to go. So I found your Bodriggan Wuthers, who was all to eager to help when I presented myself as a cleric of Irori in search of an artifact. Wuthers was easily able to gain access to the basement of the theater with permission of the theater owners, all too happy to assist a Pathfinder of course."

"It took us some time to dig through the bedrock, but dig we did and we finally reached the Chamber of the Stone. A resting zombie had been left behind all those thousands of years ago and as your Pathfinder rushed to begin sketching the stone I brought the stone and zombie back to life through the words I had heard in a dream that started all of this. Then I struck down your Pathfinder allowing me to set forth with the rest of my plan of turning the city into zombies. But then you came along..."

"Your friend, Wuthers is likely to be found upstairs in the opera house above. He left here as a zombie, but when this stone was destroyed all of my wonderful creations will have fallen unable to sustain being even as a zombie."

OOC: Assuming a search of the opera house for Wuthers...

Searching the opera house above is tedious, the destruction rather overwhelming. Remarkably you do find many theater patrons still alive having huddled together as a group and either fought back or fled the killing zombies about the opera house. Finally, after much searching you find what could only be Pathfinder Wuthers. he has a pouch that contains a personal journal revealing a shorthand record of his adventures as a Pathfinder and a draft of a letter to Venture-Captain Eliza Petulengro that details the final stages of this dig and the strange character of this "cleric of Irori". The story seems to match what Fel Bustrani has told you so far.

[sblock=OOC]

And that pretty much wraps the scenario! There is the small matter of what you plan on doing with Fel Bustrani and the other female cleric you have bound in a bar closet upstairs. The Taldoran authorities would be happy to take them from you though.

Scenario Rewards

420gp each

Eligible for Purhcase from Chronicle

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300gp)
Potion of Bull's Strength (300gp)
Potion of Invisibility (300gp)

I should be able to get the chronicle sheets written up tonight or tomorrow and sent out soon. I will also get the game reported.

And for those interested I am hoping to start the PFS30 early next week. The mustering thread for that is here (official OOC and IC threads to come soon):

Interest Check: PFS #30

Hope everyone enjoyed the game! I thought Miryam and Jalil ended up working well together!

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
OOC: Scenario Wrap-Up Stuff

I realized I need the day job checks from those interested in making them.

Day Job Rolls said:
If your character has any ranks in a Craft, Perform, or Profession skill, she may
choose one of those skills and make one roll at the end of every scenario. This roll represents days or weeks of work done between scenarios. You may only include the following modifiers: Skill Ranks + Ability Score modifier + any applicable feat or trait bonuses.

IronWolf

blank
OOC: Chronicle Sheets

Here are chronicle sheets for Rynn and Jalil. Looks like Miryam has ranks for a Day Job roll, I will post that one once the results of that roll are in.

Jalil Chronicle
Rynn Chronicle

Feel free to look them over. I will report the game once Miryam's sheet is posted.

Remove ads