PFS #7: Among the Living

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Sting me," Miryam mutters, "I didn't want him to die."

Hearing the moans down the passage, she rushes off after them, drawing her whip along the way.

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

A family emergency is drawing me out of town for the next few days. My posting is apt to be scarce until Sunday (6/5).

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Miryam races through the chamber and into the tunnel, moving easily by Kyra who is just regaining her balance. Coming within reach of the zombie battling Jalil, Miryam manages to get the whip to snake around the rotting corpses legs. With a quick pull she is able to knock the zombie off of it's feet sending it to the water covered floor.

Jalil, seizing the opportunity of striking while the zombie was down on the floor works his scimitar in and lands a devastating blow in the creature, nearly severing it's head from it's body as it seizes to move, a putrid smell arising from the deep slash.

The tunnel quickly quiets save for the dripping of water echoing within the stone walls and the sounds of the companions catching their breath. The eerie glow of the stone emanates from the chamber ahead.

[sblock=OOC]

And that is the last of the enemies here. The glowing stone remains.

I will likely be scarce until Sunday night, though I might have time to pop on tomorrow evening.

[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Miryam finishes catching up to Jalil. "Here, Jalil," she says, putting an arm around him. "Let's get you out of this place."

She helps walk him out of the tunnel into the room with the Stone.

OOC: Taking 10 gives me a 16, and I'll also Aid Another to give Jalil a +2 for his acrobatics.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil accepts Miryam's help and begins walking from the water covered tunnel, but then pauses. "Wait . . . the stone! We can't just leave it. That thing must be destroyed." He starts back along the tunnel toward the stone as he continues speaking. "And we've still got to find Pathfinder Wuthers as well."

IronWolf

blank
Miryam assists Jalil back to the chamber with the eerily glowing stone above the stone dais. Kyra follows as well, with Rynn remaining back at the junction of the tunnel standing watch.

Before the green glowing stone, with some time to observe it you find it to be a rather large looking boulder that almost looks as if fell from above a long time ago. Though large, with some effort the stone could possibly be moved from the chamber. Miryam knows from her strikes against the stone that it seems quite protect against attack, though with enough time and strength she believes one could destroy the stone.

Kyra, moving near the fallen leader, reports that he appears to be unconscious and quite near his final breaths.

[sblock=OOC]

The leader type is unconscious, not dead yet. Kyra could stabilize/channel energy to revive him if you wish.

With some investigation down here there appears to be no sign of Wuthers, you could do another search upstairs as well.

And we need to know what you wish to do with the stone as well.

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Kyra, would you see to the leader of this foul cult? Even those fallen so far to evil may be saved with proper diligence. However, we should likely strip him of arms and armor, and bind him securely, before waking him."

Jalil looks at the stone with mixed awe and disgust; he's plainly torn between his duty to the Dawnflower - and the world - and those values that drew him to the Pathfinders in the first place.

"This is a difficult choice . . . this artifact could bring much knowledge to the Pathfinders if it could be studied. However, my heart tells me that it must be destroyed, lest it be used again in the same manner as today."

His eyes light on the cult leader's heavy pick. Taking it up, he moves to the stone. Once in front of it, he pauses and looks to the others for confirmation of his choice.

Remove ads