PFS #7: Among the Living

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Miryam looks over her companions and shakes her head. "Dear Magistros," she begins, trying to effect her Absalomite heritage as much as possible, "No doubt the Emperor would be upset by the harming of an illustrious citizen and devoted servant to the crown as yourself. Yet just as surely, the Emperor would greatly reward the brave judge who, despite the possibility of harm, rose to the challenge and became the one responsible for destroying this Zyphus Stone, saving this hall, and all Oppara..."

She steps over the bound priestess and approaches. "The gods must have put you here, tonight, for an important reason. They have saved you from a fate worse than death. Your destiny is at hand."

She gracefully extends her hand toward him. "All you have to do is take it."

IronWolf

blank
"Ah, good hero versus bad hero I see." the old man replies to Rynn and Jalil. "Fine! The emperor will not be pleased I was kept waiting when he hears of this!"

Miryam attempts to soothe the situation with some new perspective. He listens, nodding his head as if he had not thought of the possible fame that he could be afforded from the events. "I suppose you have a point missus. Perhaps I can be a little more patient as you heroes sort things out." he replies as he accepts Miryam's hand.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"OK, then. Let's secure the priestess in the closet until we can get back to her and turn her over to the authorities, and get on with our search." He turns to the Magistros. "Sir, what would you like to do as we finish our business here? You could likely secure this room, and it would be a help to us - and reflect well on you with the Emperor - if you were to ensure the woman doesn't escape from the closet while we're trying to resolve this situation."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Thank you," Miryam smiles as she leads the magistrate over the priestess. Giving her a kick, she adds, "Magistros, would you please do the honor of declaring this wretch's arrest? Let us go and save Oppara."

Miryam leads the nobleman toward the theater.

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

Apologies for the lack of posting on my part, work has been a bit busy along with some other things. I will get a post rolled out this weekend to get us moving again.

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
The bar closet is emptied and the shelves casually tossed to the floor making room for the priestess to be held within. As the companions push her into the closet, still bound the magistros mumbles some words about being under arrest. With a strong push against the door the priestess is locked into the closet, a chair jammed under the handle to further secure it.

The magistros considers the offer to remain here and watch, the muffled sounds of chaos still out and about in the theater. "I can stay here." he says, an unpleasant look about his face as though feeling in a rough spot. He moves behind the bar and crouches down behind it doing his best to keep out of sight as the pathfinders ready themselves to continue.

The sounds of more frantic screams rise sharply from across the hall, behind the stage area. They begin quieting nearly as soon as they rose.

[sblock=OOC]

The sounds came from behind the stage in the still darkened area on the map:

opera_house.png

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Aye, sit tight. We'll find a way out of here and return for you." Jalil turns to the others. "I recommend we make our way widdershins around this floor, clearing rooms as we progress."

Assuming the other agree, Jalil will move to the door leading north from the room, across the cleared foyer (assuming it's still clear) and to the next door north. There he stops to listen before opening the door.

Perception (1d20+8=20)

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
The magistros nods solemnly as he tries to make himself as small as possible behind the bar. The pathfinders leave several of the theater goers in the lounge and Jalil heads out the north door.

Bodies litter the hall, several near the exterior doors which remain closed, their bodies crumpled and bloody. Some seem to bear wounds from a pick instead of wounds similar to those of death by a zombie. The group easily reaches the northern door in the foyer and Jalil pauses to listen closely. He hears nothing from the other side of the door, only the sounds of fading screams from across the auditorium from behind the stage area.

Hearing nothing Jalil turns the handle to the northern door and pushes it open. On the other side reveals banquet tables in either wing. Dead litter the floor, though none are moving. The magnificent, half-full platters have been spilled to the floor. A table cloth has been half-pulled off the table, a punch bowl teetering dangerously close to the edge of the table.

Several of the fallen bodies appear by the exterior doors as if they had been trying to escape in vain before succumbing to the wandering hordes of zombies. The doors leading into the theater auditorium remain open as do the doors beyond the far banquet table.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Updated Map]
opera_house.png

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
The sounds of screams from across the theater hall behind the stage seems to dwindle in number as you explore this banquet area.

Remove ads