log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [PFS] [IC] Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation

biotech66

Explorer
[PFS] [IC] Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation

Original Threat

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?555734-Pathfinder-Society-Scenario-5%9608-The-Confirmation-Recruitment




Original Post

Nice! I'm happy with this. Here we go!

Let's start right here.

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.
The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. Inside, the air is thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food. In the center of the room, surrounded by inebriates sleeping off their revelries, a familiar elven man stands high upon top of a large round table.

Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, have a seat! With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born. But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to introduce you to Janira Gavix,

OOC: Who sits around the table? Describe yoursleves.


He says as he motions for an excitable halfling woman to approach. She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable
esource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.

Master Shaine hops to his feet. Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most
importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.
With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

OOC: Any questions for the Master or do your coworker?
 

log in or register to remove this ad

biotech66

Explorer
The Master of Scrolls looks thoughtful and says, Well... we're not sure what the Gillmen is up to. I hope its good, but We won't know till you talk to them.

He then turn to the other women and says, I don't expect too much trouble. We're within a few days of Absalom, so how dangerous could it honestly be? You have an excellent guide and leader in Janira He says this as he pats her on the back. She will keep you safe!
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Vespernys looked at the halfling woman. She seemed more scholar than warrior. The Tian woman wasn’t much more impressive. “I’ll trust to my armor and sword, thank you,” Vesper commented. “When would you like to set out?” she asked Janira.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko twirled her sword and slapped it back into the sheath.

"She won't have TIME to keep us safe, because she'll be too busy being kept safe by US!" declares the colorful girl dramatically. "We must set out AT ONCE to assess these sinister gill-men and explore their caves and find the heaps of treasure and save the world!"

"Possibly not in that order, but STILL!"

Sachiko gestured grandly at the door. "Janira! Guide us!"
 

biotech66

Explorer
Janira stands up proudly ah, what I like to see in pathfinder! Lets head out and make this happen! On to the details of the mission at hand, Janira says with an eager grin. After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time they entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there. The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too. Do you have any questions?

OOC: Whats everybody's experience with its? Do you know about the skills you can use to learn about the mission and to ask lots of questions?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


OOC: I play PFS in person regularly. Unfortunately as a Fighter, I have very few skills LOL 10 is the highest I can get on any Knowledge check.


“What ‘local inhabitants’ do we risk running into?” Vespernys asked. She hadn’t traveled much outside the city of Absalom to explore the island. “The Kortos are on the north side, right? Across the island?” She tried to remember the maps she had seen. “Isn’t Diobel a hive of scum and villainy?”
 

biotech66

Explorer
Janira thinks for a moment. Odds are we won't find any local inhabitants, for good or ill. Mostly, I'm hopping to run into some gillmen to figure out what they are up to. As for Diobel, I don't think we will get that far, so we should be ok. Any other questions, or are we off?
 







KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Vespernys shook her head, but couldn’t help the slight smile. “Don’t let that cockiness get you killed,” she told Sachiko. “I need you to watch my back.”

They exited the pub and took the street that would take them to the northern gate leading out of the city.
 

biotech66

Explorer
You exit the pub, shop, and then move off into the yonder.
You travel across the country, and eventualy enter the forest leading to the cave. Along the way, you encounter something...

OOC: Ok, few different dice rollers out there. I like this one http://orokos.com/roll/. You can use anything. I ask you to put a figure on this map. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xRgRAR2E6MhFXGYcuv7FrQqUVIjkQ0ubozEvaO7wvLc/edit?usp=sharing. I will also ask you to post your information on this page https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nvp6ZGa91e2rF2Br7NaMI3FF54eSubZT5uvwmcLvADM/edit?usp=sharing I'll roll init and perception, so I'd like to know those two stats, so I can move the game quick! Post quick and we'll do our first fight now!
 



biotech66

Explorer
Ok! Let's do this!

As you move into the underbrush, you see two wolves move out to attack...

Init!
Sachiko : 1d20+2 13
Bard : 1d20+4 12
Wolf : 1d20 12
Vespernys : 1d20+2 10

Post your next actions! Don't worry about turn order, Ill be nice and execute whatever you say in the best possible way.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


OOC: Sorry. Got busier with the start of the school year, and got distracted by Savage Rifts. Vesper has a +0 Initiative, but it doesn’t change her going last anyway.


“Be aware!” Vespernys yelled to warn the others as she saw the wolves. She rushed foward to attack.

OOC: Vespernys will Charge at one of the wolves. She will prefer to target the wolf closest to or attacking Sachiko. Unfortunately Sachiko is too far away to Ready an intercept. I didn’t move my token since I don’t know where she will end up, as she as at the bottom of the initiative order.


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: To wolf attacking/nearest Sachiko
Standard: Charging Greatsword attack and damage: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28
2D6+7 = [3, 2]+7 = 12

And that’s a crit!
Crit damage: 2D6+7 = [6, 5]+7 = 18
Total damage=30 Overkill much? LOL
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions: -2 AC from charge
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
Init!
Sachiko : 1d20+2 13
Bard : 1d20+4 12 SONGS OF HER PEOPLE!
Wolf : 1d20 12 Bite
Vespernys : 1d20+2 10 SLICE AND DICE!

Your bard brings out her instrument and then begins to sing! YOU GOT THIS!
OOC: +1 to attack and saves against fear


The wolves advance and attack! One runs up, but one wolf charges Vespernys
http://orokos.com/roll/545827 MISS!

Vespernys then attacks! AND CUTS THE WOLF'S HEAD OFF!

OOC: Sachiko post when you can, round one and two. Vespernys, post round two!
 

Advanced Rules Miscellany

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top