log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [PFS] [IC] Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Forest
Morning
Round 2

With the first wolf dispatched efficiently, Vespernys darted over to attack the wolf threatening Sachiko.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: To wolf attacking Sachiko
Standard: Greatsword attack and damage: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
2D6+7 = [6, 4]+7 = 17

[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions: -2 AC from charge
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko calls on her remarkable luckiness, and stabs her wolf!

(using Archaeologist's luck!)

[roll0] attack, for [roll1] damage.

AND AGAIN

[roll2] attack, for [roll3]
 

biotech66

Explorer
Vespernys charges the last wolf and slashes it in half. Janira looks over the quick battle and says That was unexpected. Something must have driven them here. Could be centars or other beasts. Maybe even the Gillmen! Well, looks like not major injures, let's carry one!

The dense forest opens to a wide clearing at the base of a sheer cliff. Thick vines cover the surface of the cliff stretching 30 feet overhead. Here! The cave entrance is behind those vines, Janira says with a broad smile as she walks to the cliff’s face. She pulls back several layers of vegetation to reveal a narrow crack in the cliff’s surface. This is where I saw the gillmen enter. As she motions toward the aperture, the
surrounding woods come alive with the sound of small animals fleeing some unseen danger and a large creature crashing through the undergrowth. The halfling worriedly remarks, Quick, take cover before
whatever it is spots us!
As if she’d summoned the creature with her words, a massive horned monstrosity emerges from the trees. Standing eight feet tall on a pair of cloven hooves and wielding a tremendous axe, the bull-headed creature roars with unbridled anger when it spots the group. Wisely assessing that a minotaur is beyond her charges’ capabilities, Janira screams, A minotaur! There’s little chance we can stand against it. Take this bag, she continues, pulling off her backpack, and head deeper into the caves. Finish your mission. I’ll lead it away from the caves, lose it in the forest, and join you as soon as I can. Now go! GO! She heaves her backpack into the cave, casts a spell, and darts off toward the minotaur before turning to lure it away. She runs off into the woods screaming for the monster to follow. Inside the cave, you find yourself hidden with a bag of goodies: Gear potion of barkskin, potions of cure light wounds (2), potion of feather stepAPG, potion of vanishAPG, scroll of entangle, scroll of gust of wind, scroll of identify, scroll of mage armor (CL 6), scroll of obscuring mist, wand of burning hands (CL 3rd, 4 charges), wand of cure light wounds (CL 3rd, 8 charges), acid, alchemist’s fire (2), holy water, smokestick, tanglefoot bags (2), thunderstone.
The cave stretches before you and you hear the sounds of the minotaur in the forest behind you. What do you do next?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Forest
Morning
Round 0

With the wolves dead, Vespernys wiped clean her blade and sheathed it again. She followed Janira on toward the cave.

They reached a clear space in front of a sheer cliff covered in hanging vines. As Janira was pushing aside the vines to show them the opening, a commotion arose in the woods. Vesper quickly drew her sword once more, ready. She wasn’t expecting to be facing a minotaur!

Janira took off her pack and tossed it into the cave, declaring she would lead the monster off.

“I don’t think that would be a good--” But before Vespernys could finish declaring her concern, the halfling Pathfinder was disappearing into the woods, followed by the minotaur.

“Come,” Vesper said to Sachiko, ducking into the cave. She picked up the pack and examined the contents.

“These are useless to me,” Vespernys said, handing Sachiko the scrolls and wand. Is there an ything else you want? I could use most of it.”

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
[/sblock]




[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
You continue deeper into the cave. The narrow tunnel twists and turns for several hundred feet before slowly opening to a wider passage. A large hole spans the cave’s width and stretches ten feet down the path. At the bottom of the pit lies a small bundle of cloth.
OOC: What do you want to do next?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Forest
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys eyed the cloth bundle, shining her lantern down into the hole. “What do you think it is?” she asked Sachiko. She swept her lantern around the room to study it, to see if there was a way around or past the hole.

OOC: How deep is the hole?


[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
[/sblock]




[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko got up to the edge and looked down.

"I...dunno!" she chirped, and picked up a pebble to toss down at the bundle.

"Hey! Are you alive down there? And if so, should we be ready to kill you?"

[sblock=Sheet for reference purposes]Name: Sachiko Satsu
Race: Kitsune
Class/Level: Bard (Archaeologist) 1
Gender: Female
Exp: 0

Strength (STR) 11 (3)
Dexterity (DEX) 18 (10)
Constitution (CON) 14 (5)
Intelligence (INT) 12 (2)
Wisdom (WIS) 10
Charisma (CHA) 16 (5)

Alignment: Chaotic Good
AC: 14 (10 + 4 Dex)
Hit Points: 10
Movement: 30'/60'/120'

Init: +4
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee Attack: +0
Ranged Attack: +4
Fort: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +2

Race Abilities
+2 Dex, + 2 Dex, -2 Str
Favored Class: Bard (1 skill point)
Low Light Vision
Agile: +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics
Change Shape: Can assume form of singular human or natural vulpine human as std action
Natural Weapon: In natural form, 1d4 bite attack
Superior Shapeshifter: Can turn into a fox as a std action (as beast shape 2)

Class Abilities:
Bardic Knowledge +1 (Gain this bonus to any Knowledge skill check, can make rolls untrained)
Cantrips
Archaeologist's Luck +1 (swft act, applies to atks, damage, saves, skills; 4+chamod/day)

Skills: 8
Acrobatics (Dex) +10 (1 rank + 4 dex + 3 class + 2 racial)
Bluff (Cha) +7 (1 rank + 3 cha + 3 class)
Diplomacy (Cha) +7 (1 rank + 3 cha + 3 class)
Disable Device (Dex) +9 (1 rank + 4 dex + 3 class + 1 trait)
Disguise (Cha) +7 (1 rank + 3 cha + 3 class)
Perception (Wis) +4 (1 rank + 0 Wis + 3 class)
Sense Motive (Wis) +4 (1 rank + 0 wis + 3 class)
Stealth (Dex) +8 (1 rank + 4 dex + 3 class)

Traits
- Beastkin: Fox (+1 Survival, Speak With Animals (foxes only) at will as SLA)
- Nimble Fingers, Keen Mind (+1 Disable Device; it is a class skill)

Feats
1 Weapon Finesse

Languages - Common, Sylvan, Tien

Spells (caster level 1, save DC 13+lvl)

Slots
1- 2/2

Known
0 Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Spark
1 Tap Inner Beauty, Shadow Trap


Money - 45gp

Weapons -
Rapier, +4 atk, 1d6 piercing, 18-20/x2 crit, 2lbs, 20gp
Shortbow, +4 atk, 1d6 piercing, 20/x3 crit, 60', 2lbs, 30gp

Armour -
Leather armor, +2 AC, 0 ACP, 15lbs, 10gp

Gear -
Traveler's Outfit (free)
Common backpack, 2lbs, 2gp
2 belt pouches, 1lb, 2gp
Canteen, 1lb, 2gp
50' SilkRope, 5lbs, 10gp

Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
Looking into the hole with a light, you see it's about 10 feet deep and has random spikes at the bottom. You can walk around them if you climbed down, but if you are not careful and full, those spikes will do a number on you.

Yelling into the whole echos through the case. Nothing responds, and looking at the rag pile tells you it was most likely a man or women at one point, but now its just bones and a cloak. The bones look clean, so the death wasn't recent, but the cloak looks immaculate.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Forest
Morning
Round 0

“Long dead, I’d say,” Vespernys answered Sachiko’s query. “But that cloak looks magical.” She was familiar enough to know that magic could keep such things pristine, even after all the time this body had obviously been down in the pit.

Vespernys removed her pack and dug through it, pulling off the coil of rope and tying a grappling hook to the end. Then she went fishing for the cloak.

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
[/sblock]




[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
You carefully fish the item out of the pit. It is a cloak of resistance +1. It's in good condition. You are safe above the pit, but how do you want to cross?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Forest
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys fished the cloak out and shook it out, holding it up. “Nice cloak. Definitely magic. Do you want it?” she asked Sachko.

Vesper ran her eyes around the cave and then back to the pit. “Climb down carefully?” she suggested. She knelt down to secure the grappling hook into the edge of the pit and tied some knots into the rope to aid in climbing. “It’s not deep, but just don’t fall.”

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 


biotech66

Explorer
The pit is 10 feet across. You carefully walk among the pit and leave the body along. you climb out using the same grappeling hook, and find yourself entering a larger cave. The tunnels continue on, leading deeper beneath the Kortos Mounts until they eventually open into a large cavern. What must have once been beautifully carved reliefs and inscriptions have since weathered heavily, their features dulled and softened to the point that it is hard to distinguish what each once depicted. A wide tunnel exits the cavern on its far side, and blue-burning torches line the passageway’s walls.

OOC: Knowledge religion or history if you want to learn about the carvings
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Once they were past the pit, Vespernys rewound her rope and grappling hook and they continued on deeper into tunnels until it opened up into a large cavern. Heavily weathered reliefs covered the walls, and Vesper went along, studying them. Nothing in her training really told her much, however.

Someone had already been here, however, as evidenced by the blue-burning torches on the far exit of the cavern into a wide tunnel. Vesper approached the tunnel warily, peering down it.

OOC: I’ll take a 10 on those History and Religion checks.



[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko stopped at one of the torches, curiously putting her hand near the strange blue fire to see if it was warm.

She looked over at Vespernys then and smiled.

"Let me go ahead a bit and see what's through there. You are very noisy in all that metal!"

Quick as a wink, she's whirled and started forward, slinking low along the wall and stepping carefully to stay quiet.

(stealth: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
)
 

biotech66

Explorer
You carefully decipher the remaining pictures and realize they are all depictions or Aroden. It shows him as different aspects of the god of man. There are twelve here, and half have been destroyed with age.

Sachiko sneaks ahead into the darkened room. The soft light of the surrounding fungus mixes with the flickering glow of the nearby torches to reveal a grand chamber. A large pool of water along the chamber’s southern edge reflects the blue and green radiance to illuminate the massive stalactites that cling to the ceiling overhead. Two other tunnels branch off from this area, leading to the east and west. Rising up from the pool is a column of rock with steeply sloped sides and a flat top, as if someone had sawn off the top of a massive stalagmite. A miniature city carved from this same stone occupies nearly the entire surface. Tiny trinkets such as ancient coins, polished semiprecious stones, and ornately braided loops of string are scattered throughout the diorama, and pale cave frogs clamber atop it. The smooth cavern floor is covered in gravel and
pebbles along the edge of the pool, and several foot-long centipedes prowl among the gravel in their search for prey. In the water you see a man swimming below the surface. He does not see you, nor does he ever stand to breath.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko's eyes widen. Man. Swimming. Not coming up!

"Gill man," she whispers...and whirls to scamper back to Vespernys.

"There's a big cave with a lake and a mountain with a city on top and a huge frog and bugs and a gill man!" she blurts all in the same breath, pointing back down the passageway. "He's swimming. We can take him by surprise! As long as the frog and bugs don't see us before we can get to him!"
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys stared back at the excitable Sachiko as she made her scouting report. She nodded. She didn’t quite understand the part about the mountain and the city and such, but the part about the gillman was clear.

“Let us see, then, what he is about,” she said, creeping forward after Sachiko toward the cavern she had found.

Stealth: 1D20-3 = [12]-3 = 9

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko snickered and darted ahead, silent as a breeze. There were good things about having someone as noisy as Vespernys around, and one of them was that she'd get all the attention, leaving Sachiko to do what she loved best!

_: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
 

biotech66

Explorer
You carefully enter the cave ahead. Sachiko is quiet as a breeze, but Vespernys stomps in. The gillman turns to you in the water, sliding to the point only his eyes are above the water. He stares at you, and you see that intricate details of the city he's sailing next to. He waits, so what do you do?
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top