log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [PFS] [IC] Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Well, so much for taking the gillman by surprise, though Vespernys knew they weren’t sure if he was hostile yet. He didn’t appear to be so, as he watched them and waited.

“Hail and well met,” Vespernys greeted, keeping her hands away from her sword to present a less threatening posture. “This is a curious place.” She looked around the cavern. “What is it?” She moved closer to the model city to get a better look at it, though keeping the gillman in sight at all times.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko watched curiously...she ached to jump out and introduce herself, but oh...oh...she could feel a Moment coming. A perfect moment when it would be juuuuuuuuust right to do it. It wasn't quite here yet. Could she wait?

She could feel herself slipping, but waited just a little longer...
 

biotech66

Explorer
The gillman watches you closely. It stares at your mouth with intent. It then stands. It looks at you for a long moment then says I can't hear you! The lord has taken my ears so I may hear much more! Do you come to worship Arodan? With the last sentence, it points to the miniature city beaming with pride!
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys frowned. If he was deaf, communicating would be difficult. “Aroden?” She glanced at the city. “Aroden is dead, and has been for a long time,” she told the gillman. She considered how to communicate. She hadn’t any paper or quill. Glancing around, the cleared a muddy area of the floor and picked up a stick. She drew Arodan’s symbol, and then drew a face with exes for eyes.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
The gillman looks at Vespernys', the drawing, and then at the town. He hasn't left us completely! There is some magic left! Those of follow is example can still be blessed! He points at the town. He then looks at the cloak on Vespernys' shoulders.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

“So this is some kind of shrine to a dead god?” Vespernys asked, though he couldn’t understand her. She saw him looking at the cloak she wore.

“This?” Vesper unclasped the cloak. She pointed back the way she had come. “There was a body in a pit trap. Dead a long time. Do you know it?” She held the cloak out in case he wished to examine it.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
The gillman take the cloak in aww, and in his broken common it responds as if a flood broke You can pray to the god! Each of it's 12 can be done! those who pray once are rewarded!

Looking deeper at the town/model/shrine, you see men and women all around. You see some sticking out more than the rest. They are artist, beggar, craftsman or artisan, farmer, fisherman, hunter, merchant, scholar, shepherd, soldier, tailor, and thief.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

“Pray?” Vespernys asked, glancing at the table again. She noted the larger figures. Arodan wasn’t a god she prayed to, since he was dead. Her petitions usually went to Goram and Iomedae for success in battle.

Walking over to the table, she touched the soldier figure and closed her eyes. “I do not know the proper words to say,” she murmured. “But grant your blessing on this soldier. If battle comes, may I be prepared, and victorious.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Too much!

Sachiko popped out of her hiding place with a whoop, pointing at Vespernys.

"Ah ha! Disloyalty! Praying to another god behind your god's back?! And to a tiny god at that, with a tiny shrine! What would the god of...of...big metal-wearing ladies say to that?! Heresy? Blasphemy? Mopery? Calumny and bile, I say! Oh hey, this is really kind of amazing. Look, there's little people and everything!"

She hurried up to the model, near Vespernys and peered at the details of it with wide, rapt eyes. "Do they move?" She reaches out to poke one of the figures gently.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys was rudely shaken from her prayer by the loud, boisterous Sachiko. The knight winced and turned to look at her companion with a touch of a frown. “Gorum and Iomedae are hardly that jealous of other gods,” she said. “And if, somehow, Aroden is still alive and answer prayers again, that is quite clearly something the Pathfinder Society -- all of Golarion! -- would like to know,” she said pointedly. “Especially the resistance in Cheliax.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
Picking up the little soldier, you see The Soldier is depicted bearing a lantern through the streets of a city. There isn't much light here, but the little man carries on his watch with his clay lantern in the dark of the city streets.

The tiny figures do move. As you rush in and begin poking them, the gillman looks on in horror as you slightly desecrate his sacred place. He says nothing, but you see all different figures above.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Vesperynys put a hand on Sachiko’s arm. “Perhaps we had best not touch the shrine,” she suggested. “It is quite detailed and intricate, though.”

Vesper looked to the gillman. “Did you make this?” She tried to mime carving the figures, gesturing to the model city. “I wonder what city this is to represent.”

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

biotech66

Explorer
The gillman gets closer and says this was made when the god still walked. Each man is a bit of him. Those that pray in the fashion of a man get his gift! the gillman watches you with intensity.

There are two other exits from the room, east and west.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

Vespernys nodded to the gillman. “I tried,” she said with a smile. “I do not know how to pray to Arodan,” she admitted. “What else is down here besides this shrine?” she asked. She indicated the doors to the east and west. “What will we find?” She kept an eye on Sachiko to make sure the over-exuberant kitsune didn’t disturb the shrine further.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko glanced at the paladin, then the gillman. She had no idea what 'Arodan' might give as a gift, but...there was no way she was walking out of here without it!

She clasped her hands over her heart and said, "Arodan! Hear my plea! We descend into the darkness, and need your light!"
 

biotech66

Explorer
You shout into the darkness, and ..... nothing happens.... the gillman stares at you in silence. There are exits to the cave-one to the west, one to the east, and one the way you came. Which way do you want to go?
 

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko pouts momentarily, then shrugs and whirls to look at the gill-men.

"So, that didn't work. Anyway, Vespernys is right. What's down here, and where? We're looking for...stuff! And also things."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Cave
Morning
Round 0

“I don’t know how much more information we’re going to get out of him without being able to speak his language,” Vespernys told Sachiko. “We’re going to have to investigate ourselves.”

Pulling her sword again, Vesper headed through the western exit.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 15/15 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 15 T: 10
CMD: 16
Fort: 3 Ref: 0 Will: 0
Feat: Step Up: If a foe takes a 5’ step, take 5’ step adjacent.
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Potion of Barkskin -- ?
Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 -- ?
Potion of Feather Step -- ?
Potion of Vanish -- ?
Scroll of Entangle -- Sachiko
Scroll of Gust of Wind -- Sachiko
Scroll of Identify -- Sachiko
Scroll of Mage Armor (CL 6) -- Sachiko
Scroll of Obscuring Mist -- Sachiko
Wand of Burning Hands (CL 3, 4 charges) -- Sachiko
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (CL 3, 8 charges) -- Sachiko
Acid -- ?
Alchemist’s Fire x 2 -- ?
Holy Water -- ?
Smokestick -- ?
Tanglefoot bag x 2 -- ?
Thunderstone -- ?
Cloak of Resistance +1 -- ?
[/sblock]
 



Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top