D&D 5E PH(B) Tavern Brawler Feat

Rune

Once A Fool
Along with my houserule to allow the grapple attempt to be replaced with a push or trip attempt, I think I'll make the improv weapon damage Brutal 1, with the weapon breaking on max damage.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Without the Str/Con boost, this would be fine as part of a Background. As a feat, though? Horrible.

Just your opinion. A lot of people think it's not only worth it, but a good feat. Your opinion, and my opinion, are hardly objective fact and I wish people would stop trying to present their statements as such.

But great news! I have it on good authority that Mearls won't send a goon squad to you house, forcing you to spend a slot on that feat if you don't want to.

lkj

Hero
Along with my houserule to allow the grapple attempt to be replaced with a push or trip attempt, I think I'll make the improv weapon damage Brutal 1, with the weapon breaking on max damage.

Now making the improv weapon brutal strikes me as quite clever. It ups the average damage of using an improv weapon without increasing the max. Solves some of the problems with making the weapon 1d6. And I really like the breaking on max damage-- though I think I'll make that a DM situational thing (like the iron mug probably won't break).

AD

Rune

Once A Fool
Now making the improv weapon brutal strikes me as quite clever. It ups the average damage of using an improv weapon without increasing the max. Solves some of the problems with making the weapon 1d6. And I really like the breaking on max damage-- though I think I'll make that a DM situational thing (like the iron mug probably won't break).

AD

Thanks! Making it brutal also increases the chances of breaking the weapon (in which case, you look for something else to improvise with). I do see your point about making that part situational, though.

Remove ads