PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Elthic probes carefully with his tools, easily finding the wire inside which he is sure will trigger a trap on the chest. He slowly moves the wire in an attempt to secure it and prevent it from going off. With a *snap*, the wire parts suddenly and Elthic only has time to mutter "Oh sh..." before a plug in the floor is knocked aside as a spear thrusts up from right below the dwarf. He twists and falls out of the way, but can't completely avoid the weapon as it slices his inner thigh before reaching it's apex where it halts, quivering and dripping dwarven blood on the floor in front of the chest.

Spear trap attack (1d20+12=28, 1d8=4)

OOC: 4 points of damage to Elthic from the trap. If you wish to open the chest now, I'll need an Open Lock check for Elthic.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Opening the chest, your eyes sparkle as the glow of treasure spills forth into the room. Sitting atop the mound of coins is a scrollcase and a large black pearl. There must be hundreds of coins here, mostly gold, but some platinum as well...

From out in the hallway comes a sudden yelp. Quickly investigating, the party stares in wonderment as the phantasmal hound fluffy has somehow latched onto Abdul's hand with it's teeth! Both of them are silent and motionless now though...

Wik

First Post
"Too bad we can't keep any of this..." Elthic grumbles, searching through the treasure for a key.

When Abdul is "Attacked" by the phantasmal hound, Elthic ducks behind the chest and fumbles with his spear.

"Eleria! What's going on!?"

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
"I... I... don't know. That apparition we saw earlier has somehow attacked Abdul. Quickly, we must help him." Eleria reaches for her bow and nocks an arrow.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir looks at the chest, trying to recall if there was something specific in there they were looking for. When the phantom dog strikes, he cocks his head to the side. "Magic. We of the desert leave the magic to the mages."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The hound and Abdul remain completely motionless and somewhat see-through as if not entirely there. No sound comes forth and nothing else moves besides the beating of the three hearts in the hallway.

Xir does not recall anything specific that they were looking for which might have been in the chest. "The Voice" had requested that they undo any traps on it so it might have better access to the chest, but that was all.

[sblock=OOC]This thing with Abdul is my 'heavy handed DM' way of removing Abdul from the party since Warlocklord hasn't posted here since January 27th. He's not dead, so if he decides to post again, then he gets released. Otherwise he stays 'in stasis' till the end of the adventure then is released so his character is available if he ever returns to LEW.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
Elthic grunts. "Leave him. Knowing his way of doing things, he'd want to just go back to town and rest for another night. I think he's seeing a barmaid or something... though what she sees in him baffles me. You humans are rather strange, eh?"

Elthic taps at the chest a few times, and then heads down a corridor. "We can always pick him up after we find the key. But if he's here, I guess we can't break the house down. Too bad."

Remove ads