PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Working FOR Lucias?!" The little dragon actually turns it's head and spits as if saying the phrase aloud left a bad taaste in it's mouth. "If I was working for Lucias, wouldn't I just hand you the key? What would be the point in having two of us both offer you jobs at cross purposes?" he answers Eleria's question with two of his own.

"Elthic, do you mean you want to see a copy of the will that I've spoken about? Or a contract with my counter-offer to your group written out and official? The one I can provide now, and the other I could make up with little delay. Which did you mean?" Verminar asks the dwarf while casting a wary eye at Xir still standing resolute with his arms crossed.

Wik

First Post
"The first. A will is binding, and I would like to see it. I believe I asked Lucias the same thing, much earlier."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Be right back..." Verminar says as he turns tail and flits back through the small crack between the wall and the drawbridge. A minute later he returns with a rolled up scroll clutched in his paws. He flys overhead (out of reach) and drops the scroll right down towards Elthic who catches it easily in his large hands.

Unrolling the scroll, it does appear to be a copy of the Last Will and Testament of Allahastor Darque. Skimming through it, Elthic sees that the will should be effected and enacted if Allahastor dies or is missing for more than a month without notice or plan. At such a time as that occurs, his possessions and property are to be given over to his cousin Lucias Darque if said cousin can claim possesion of the property within one weeks time after the will being enacted. To claim possesion, he must have the master key to the house which will unlock all doors and disarm any defenses. If at the end of this week, Lucias has not gained possession of the property, then the rights and ownership shall instead fall to Allahastor's familiar Verminar Necrotuz. The paragraph following that is less legal jargon and more a personal note from Allahastor stating that if he had his way, it would all be left directly to Verminar as he is both more loyal and more intelligent than Lucias Darque. Unfortunately, the human legal system enforces it's ways here and establishes that there must be at least a chance for ownership to pass to his next living human kin before defaulting to a non-humanoid. Hence, the setup above. The rest seems to be a list of personal messages to be delivered to friends and acquaintances after Allahastor's passing.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir's face remains stoic during this entire exchange. He looks at the will a moment then ponders a moment.

"Our agreement is with Lucias Darque. This one cannot violate that agreement. This agreement states that we shall perform this task in an allotted amount of time which expires tonight. If this one is unable to complete this task, the contract is void. This one cannot purposefully fail to attempt the task, that would be dishonorable. This one must be waylaid or otherwise occupied to not complete the task. That is the only honorable conclusion."

Wik

First Post
Elthic reads the will, and thinks for a few moments. "Damn." he mutters underneath his breath. Squinting his eyes against the wind, he looks out upon the rooftops of the Orussus houses around him.

"...I had an uncle. He stole everything from my family - our good name, above all else. Family ties are what you make of them. Blood is not always thicker. I... I agree with the dragon.

But we must fulfill our contract, as Xir has pointed out. We must, at least, try. Isn't that what our contract says, Xir? Allahastor wants this to go to his familiar, and hoped that it wouldn't go to Lucias. That, to me, is enough."

Elthic grins slyly. "Lucias wants us to give him the key, but he never put a time limit on it. We can fulfill our contract, and still serve the better good. We just need to wait before we give him the key - as the dragon said.

Of course, if we guard the house against invasion, that's breaking the contract in spirit, at least. But what if we had the key, and just had trouble finding Lucias before the alloted time? Our, better yet, what if our frozen friend downstairs had the key the whole time?"

Our Original Contract

Phoenix8008

First Post
Verminar nods as Xir speaks, seeming to understand what is spoken and possibly what goes unspoken as well. "I thought as much. Your mind is very organized... a very keen edge to it cutting all the world into good or bad, right or wrong, honorable and dishonorable. No room in the middle except for the blade which parts the two halves."

Turning to Elthic, Verminar nods once back towards Xir as the dragon tells the dwarf, "If there had been some way to hide the key with your now insubstantial friend, my problems may have been solved, but it would be a death sentence for him since the only way to free him is by turning that key in the front door lock. A wonderful idea to be sure, but as Xir has stated he could not willingly go along with any such plan. And I will not have you fighting and harming each other over my concerns. Unfortunately, this leaves only the option of, as Xir put it, 'waylaying or otherwise occupying you all to prevent you from completing your task'." As he says this, the dragon-form drifts backwards and up while turning a large gem over and over in it's hands. "Please understand that I don't wish any lasting harm to come to any of you, and I hope you will forgive me when this is all over."

As he finishes, Verminar tosses the gem downward towards the rooftop where it lands hard and smashes with a tinkle of glass. The tinkling sound grows louder and a golden mist rises from the shards. Out of the mist steps an ape with gold and silver tinted fur. It raises its arms and beats its large hands hard on its chest while howling forth a primal challenge towards you all.

[sblock=OOC]Using the initiatives you rolled for the illusionary hound, but never needed Xir will go on 11, Elthic goes on 4 and Eleria on 3. Unfortunately the ape goes before all of you. I'll leave a little time here for you to say anything else you wanted conversation-wise before the ape attacks(that and I'm tired and it's late here). Sorry Eleria didn't get in much on the conversation (you can still add some and I'll respond to it as if it happened before the ape was summoned), but I saw that Xir wasn't gonna be persuaded and since I'm not doing PvP the only logical option for Verminar was to start the fight.

p.s.- I also noticed in reviewing the thread that I didn't give you XP for dealing with the trap that was on the chest of loot near the ladder up to the roof. I'm leaving this here as a reminder to myself to figure that up and post it tomorrow.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
When Elthic sees the ape appear before him, he merely grunts. "Damn. And I was beginning to like the house..."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir raises his mental blade as the ape appears with no comment. How this was to waylay him for several hours was unclear to him, but there was no other way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases