PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

Visitor
Peladus cries out, his body convulses, and he dies.

[sblock=OOC]Play dead. When wolf moves off, take out potion of CLW and drink it.[/sblock]
 

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir focuses on the threat before him, his blade thrumming with deadly energy. He strikes out, hoping to end this.

OOC: Move action to restore psychic strike. AC 23, 10hp
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
*BUMP* for Periwinkle's actions? If no response by this time tomorrow, I'll NPC. (I would go ahead and do it today, but I'm almost out of time this morning. That and I'd REALLY love to see a true Periwinkle response to Peladus falling over dead! :devil:)
 

covaithe

Visitor
"Naughty! Naughty, naughty wolfie!" Periwinkle cries, flapping her free hand angrily and stomping her foot. "You're being mean to Mister Peladus, who didn't do anything to you, you silly goose! Now you stop that right this minute and lie down. There's a good doggie, lie down. Down!" This last she punctuates with a flash of purplish, slightly sparkling energy from her finger, squarely striking the wolf on the nose.

[sblock=actions]5' step west, ray of enfeeblement, hits touch AC 18 for -4 strength penalty.

[/sblock]
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
OOC: Going to try and make this quick and dirty for this update because I already did it once. A power outage turned off my compy and wiped out my post just before I finished it a bit ago. :rant:

-Pelaus plays dead and drinks a healing potion after the wolf takes an interest in Periwinkle for zapping it with a magical ray. (Heals 6 hps from CLW potion.)

-Xir slices into the druid, splashing the floor with Balthazar's blood. (10 damage to Balthazar)

-Periwinkle hits the wolf with her ray of enfeeblement, weakening it slightly. (-4 Str to W3)

-The original wolf continues to shake its head in an effort to clear it.

-Balthazar slams Xir with his newly enhanced staff, nearly hitting the Xeph in the face. Though worried, Xir quickly realizes that the strike was not nearly as hard as it could have been. (Only -6 hp from a 2d6+3 roll! :rant::devil:)

-The wolves attack again, one biting at Kona'i and again only stopped by the magical shield Periwinkle placed around him. The other one moves up to bite at Periwinkle. Weakened as it is, the wolf is unable to latch its teeth onto the woman.

-Kona'i tries again to hit the wolf menacing him, but his injuries prove to be too distracting as he misses the wolf twice more.

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle again...[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Wolf (-23 hp; stunned & blinded)
19- Balthazar (-26 hp)
19- Wolf 2 (-9 hp)
19- Wolf 3 (no damage, -4 Str)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus (8/11 hp)
12- Xir (20/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle (11/11 hp)


[/sblock]CLW potion (1d8+1=6)
Quarterstaff/Shillelagh attack at Xir AC21 (1d20+5+1=25, 2d6+2+1=6)
Wolf 2 bite at Kona'i AC15 (1d20+5=14, 1d6+3=5)
Wolf 3 bite at Periwinkle AC17 (1d20+3=11, 1d6+1=4)
Kona'i flurry of blows at Wolf 2. (1d20+3-2=3, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+3-2=13, 1d6+3=4)
 

Attachments

Boddynock

Visitor
Peladus grabs his crossbow and takes a pot-shot at the blinded wolf. He then stands and takes a step forward.

[sblock=OOC]Attack from prone vs Wolf 1.

Ranged attack vs Wolf 1 (no penalty for prone; includes +1 bonus from Bless and +1 to attack & damage from PBS): (1d20+5=19, 1d8+1=8)

Stand up from prone.

5 ft step to H4.[/sblock]
[sblock=Recommended action for Kona'i]If K survives the next attack, I'd have him make a stunning fist attack against the wolf. It improves his chances of hitting, and if the wolf is stunned, he can drink a potion of healing.

Of course, the fact that he's got Diehard makes that less imperative![/sblock]
[sblock=Blessing Alert!]Kona'i's last attacks didn't include the bonus for Bless. (I don't know about earlier ones.) If it's a standard wolf (AC 14), the second attack should have hit it.

Edit: I've checked back through K's previous attacks and the first attack in this round would have hit AC 14 as well.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Boddynock

Visitor
OOC: I've sent them a private message. If they haven't responded by Monday, I guess you'd better NPC. (Just roll high! :lol:)
 

covaithe

Visitor
Periwinkle defends herself, lecturing the wolf sternly on the poor etiquette of biting strangers.

ooc: total defense.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
OOC: Sorry to bug you guys and then be slow to post myself. :blush: I tried to get to this today but ran out of time this morning. My son needs to get on soon to start doing his schoolwork, so I gotta go. I promise that I'll update this as my first thing tomorrow morning though. :cool:
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
-Peladus grabs his crossbow and takes a pot-shot at the blinded wolf. He nails it right in the chest and the original wolf drops with a whimper. Peladus then stands and takes a step forward. (Hits with the crossbow for 8 damage which drops W1.)

-Xir focuses lethal energy again, but the flashing of the portal distracts him and he misses the druid.

-Periwinkle defends herself, lecturing the wolf sternly on the poor etiquette of biting strangers. (+4 to AC from total defense)

-Balthazar howls in rage as the first wolf drops to the ground dying. He swings furiously at the Xeph, but misses as tears well up in his eyes.

-The remaining wolves attack Kona'i and Periwinkle respectively, but only the monk gets injured. The wolf beside Kona'i bites him hard to the floor where his blood runs freely. The monk shouldn't still be conscious, but somehow he's still fighting. (Kona'i hit for 7 damage and tripped to the floor. He's still going due to Diehard feat though.)

-Kona'i focuses with great effort. Pushing all of his power into a kick aimed at the wolf's head, he hits it hard and stuns the creature. (5 damage and stunning fist worked.)
(Edit: adding the 4 damage that should have been there from what should have been a hit last round (thanks Boddyknock! :cool: ) means that this wolf dies from the attack this round. He's still on the map, but I don't have time to update that this second.)
(Edit 2: Looking back at the other attack Boddyknock pointed out, the wolf should have actually died then! So I'm gonna retcon the hit he took this round and leave Kona'i at 1 hp. Which leaves us in retcon hell. Because that is at least one round of actions that could be different and that at least Kona'i could have or would have done something different. So I'll say he moved to flank the W3 with Periwinkle and hit it this round with his stunning fist instead. That'll be the extent of my retconning though as I don't want to redo the last 2 rounds completely. Carry on.)


-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle again...[sblock=Init/Status/Map]23- Wolf (-31 hp; dying)
19- Balthazar (-26 hp)
19- Wolf 2 (retroactively killed in the past! :p)
19- Wolf 3 (-5 hp, stunned for 1 round, -4 Str)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus (8/11 hp)
12- Xir (20/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle (11/11 hp, +4 AC from total defense)
[/sblock]Balthazar staff/shillelagh attack at Xir AC 21 (1d20+5+1=16, 2d6+3=14)
Bite attacks from W2 at Kona'i AC15 and W3 at Periwinkle AC17 (1d20+5=23, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+3=10, 1d6+1=4)
Wolf 2 trip attempt vs. Kona'i Str (1d20+3=13, 1d20+3=5)
Kona'i stunning fist(w/bless but prone) vs. Wolf2 AC 14 (1d20+3+1-4=14, 1d6+3=5)
Wolf 2 Fort save vs. DC12 (1d20+5=9)
 

Attachments

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
This close to the portal, Xir's hold on his psionic blade was wavering. He lunged again at the foul druid, but something... a glimpse... caused him to stumble, fruitlessly.

OOC: Another Nat 1!
 

covaithe

Visitor
Periwinkle pulls out her quickly dwindling healing wand. She moves behind Kona'i, away from the wolf, and gets ready to heal him.

[sblock=actions]Draw wand (crossbow still in off hand) and move to L3. I understand Kona'i is in M3, and the wolf got stunned this round and can't make AoOs, yes?[/sblock]
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
-Peladus flings a globule of acid at the druid, but it barely misses the man, sizzling into nothingness against the blue wall of light behind him.

-Xir tries again to finish off Balthazar, but the nearness of the portal distracts him and ruins his attack.

-Periwinkle pulls out her quickly dwindling healing wand. She moves behind Kona'i, away from the wolf, and gets ready to heal him.

-Balthazar slams Xir with his enhanced staff, knocking the breath out of the Xeph momentarily. (IC is down, so had to roll manually here. He just managed to hit Xir's AC and did 10 damage total.)

-The stunned wolf reels and shakes its head to try and regain its senses.

-Kona'i falls away from trying to hit the wolf in front of him, and just HITS it. Twice. Snapping two lightning quick kicks out at the wolf, he leaves it barely standing on its feet. (Rolling manually still. My dice here seem more friendly than IC. :) He hits with both strikes in the flurry of blows and almost brings the wolf down.)

-From down the hallway which leads back towards Haven and away from the portal, you all hear the sound of movement and see a light coming from around the corner. A moment later, two figures appear at the far end of the tunnel from the portal. The halfling Dair and the Hunter! They seem to be fighting a running battle against some goblinoids with the Hunter stopping most of them with his arrows while Dair finishes off any that get too close. Looking over his shoulder for a moment when he sees the blue light of the portal, the Hunter yells out, "We'll try to keep these ones at bay while you finish up there. The people of Haven are on their way!"

-Peladus, Xir, and Periwinkle can go again...[sblock=Init/Status/Map]19- Balthazar (-26 hp)
19- Wolf 3 (-16 hp, -4 Str)
17- Kona'i (1/10 hp)
16- Peladus (8/11 hp)
12- Xir (10/31 hp)
10- Periwinkle (11/11 hp, +4 AC from total defense)
[/sblock]
 

Attachments

Boddynock

Visitor
Looking over his shoulder as he starts casting again, Peladus allows himself to be put off by the battle behind him, and the ball of acid he flings splashes harmlessly against the roof of the tunnel.

[sblock=OOC]Gah! Worse and worse! :eek:

Acid Splash: ranged touch attack, +3 attack, +1 attack for Bless, +1 attack/damage for Point Blank Shot, -4 penalty for firing into melee: (1d20+3+1+1-4=2, 1d3+1=4)[/sblock]
[sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 4/3

Cantrips:
Acid Splash
Acid Splash
Ray of Frost
Ray of Frost

Level 1:
Color Spray
Magic Missile
Magic Missile[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Does the portal look "open"? I'm assuming its not (i.e., it looks dangerous). When my characters get low on hit points, I tend to do crazy things...

Xir crossed his blade, glanced once at the pressing hoard, and then new what he had to do. He crouched low, then aimed himself dead at the druid's waist, hoping that adage 'The Fates favor the bold' was true... and that its corollary 'Only they new the fool from the bold' was not.

OOC: Bull Rush. B gets an AoO, but it doesn't stop me unless I'm knocked out. Then is opposed Str time: 8 :rant: Hope he rolls low.
 

Phoenix8008

Visitor
OOC: The portal does not look any more open or dangerous than any other time you've seen it. If it was open, one or both of you could go right through it and if its not open then you'll both just bounce off harmlessly. I'll let you decide if you want to revise your action or not, Stonegod.
 

Advertisement

Top