• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus grins and gives a thumbs-up to the others.

"Well, it's not a fortune but at least each of us can afford a drink or two next time we're in a tavern."

"Hmm, these coins are old, though."

Later on, as they pass the various decrepit traps, Peladus says, "It looks like the Captain may have been right - we may not have to worry about the Hunter still being around ... but we'll obviously have to keep an eye open for his traps. Nice work there, Dair, by the way!"

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle spends two more wand charges on Xir, bringing him to full health, before skipping along behind Dair.

ooc: cures 10. Wand is at 9 charges remaining, by my count.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I was looking for a post spelling out that we got 100g retainer for agreeing to chase after Darque, but I couldn't find a post with that number in it. Does anyone know where I should be looking?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just as Dair is about to step to the safe side of the snare trap to disarm it, he barely notices a concealed pit trap that he would have walked right into. Trapped traps! What next? Looking around, Dair finds a way to kill two birds with one slice. He cuts the rope holding the snare's counter weight and the large stone drops from above to land on the trapped corridor floor and into the pit. Looking into the hole, the halfling sees that the large rock is sitting on top of rows of spikes ten feet down in the pit. He also sees another line that was attached to the top of the rock that is now stretched taut and running down the corridor in the direction that the group was headed.

[sblock=OOC]500 XP total for dealing with all the traps. (100 each for the first two snare traps, and 300 for the snare/pit double trap.) That's 100 XP each.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"My goodness!" exclaims Periwinkle as the counterweight falls with an awful sound. "What kind of person spends their time hollowing out cave ceilings and sharpening metal stakes to put in pits, just in case some friendly traveller happens along? I think someone needs to visit a library and read some good books or something. Maybe take up needlepoint."

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus, eyes slightly widened, says to Dair, "Now that was impressive! How did you know to look for a second trap?"

In a slightly lower tone of voice he adds, "Some time, I'd like to have a chat with you about the proper technique of disabling traps like that one."

Remove ads