• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Philosophical approaches of PFS and Adventurer's League

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
I think its great that Wizards are trying to support the stores with AL play. I also understand that a lot of people live remotely and have no store in their local town/ other. The options are varied as to how to get involved in AL and have been stated by many more senior people than I above.

I wanted to single out a product here and that is Fantasy Grounds 2. They have fairly recently made a deal with WOTC to get 'official product' into their software. So now you can get all the stuff for Lost Mine, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Princes of the Apocalpyse (and I think Demons too ). Of course you will still need to find people to play, but all the hard work (which sure might not be hard for the IT geeks out there , but not all of us are) has been done for you.

The other great thing about Online AL gaming is that because of AL rules the games need to be relatively open to all (A public space) and streamed (some do some dont). That means there are many hours of games on there in both twitch tv and youtube (when they are kind enough to upload to youtube).

As a DM primarily I use the recorded video as a resource in how I should tackle certain scenarios I havnt run myself yet and how npcs should be played. Its also great entertainment... akin to watching a tv show but with a greater unpredictability in the core protagonists. Sadly in terms of my own ability to online game, my Australian ADSL connection is pretty well poor. Im limited to roughly 490K in download which means that its very hard to be involved in the international games. But if you have the connection and want to try online gaming out, FG2 is probably one of your better bets

Remove ads