• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phineas's Dungeon Maps o' the Week (100 maps)

frankthedm

First Post
glad if i helped, thanks for using my suggestion for the dwarf stronghold.

I was calculating the falling damage from top of tower to level four and noticed i was a die of damage short. i cant decide if i want a custom cthuliod critter at the top, a decapus living in the rafters or just a encounter with the boss of the thugs and a few goons.

The belfry is located in the ruins of a town being rebuilt. A number of people have gone missing over the last few weeks in the area. Few clues have been found and the belfry is the only place where people don't disapear during the night from. Mostly due to buracracy and not to upset the migrant workers further investigation of the safe haven was left to a group of adventures who decided they had better things to do after they had gotten a down payment for the job. The PCs are the second group sent.

Outside + level 4 balcony inhabitants.

The belfry, long since constructed has a set of guadians. 4 Angelic statues, in reality gargoyles shaped by magic to be more comely, stand at the four corners of the lower balcony, long since bound and tasked to guard the tower againt molestation. The creatures were tasked also to hide thier presence and have done it well. While bound not to kill or eat for fun like other gargoyles, if they can get thier hands on someone who has voilated the belfry in thier opinion, woe be upon them. The exact bindings and tasks are left to the DM to develop, but mostly allow strangers to seek sanctary on the lower levels and allows those who become residents of the tower to remain there.

GARGOYLE
Medium Monstrous Humanoid (Earth)
Hit Dice: 4d8+19 (37 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), fly 60 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+6
Attack: fist +6 melee (1d4+2)
Full Attack: 2 fists +6 melee (1d4+2) and 2 wing slams +4 melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60 ft., freeze
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 7
Skills: Hide +7*, Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: Multiattack, Toughness
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary, pair, or wing (5–16)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: 5–6 HD (Medium); 7–12 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: +5
Gargoyles often appear to be winged stone statues, for they can perch indefinitely without moving and use this disguise to surprise their foes. They require no food, water, or air, but often eat their fallen foes out of fondness for inflicting pain.

Gargoyles speak Common and Terran.

COMBAT
Gargoyles either remain still, then suddenly attack, or dive onto their prey.

A gargoyle’s natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Freeze (Ex): A gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. An observer must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice the gargoyle is really alive.

Skills: Gargoyles have a +2 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, and Spot checks. *The Hide bonus increases by +8 when a gargoyle is concealed against a background of stone.

Level one. Homeless laborers of sour disposition live in this level with young rogues. Crates strew the level, from which the more brave residents will try to attack in hopes of claiming valuable gear and coin from the party.

Last edited:

Targeteron

Explorer
I just rechecked to make shure there really are 100 maps, since i could not believe one person prdoucing that amount of maps! Great job and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next batch :) Maybe you should put all the maps in a PDF and sell it on rpgnow for a buck or 2 ;)

JamesL85

First Post
As one of the many that has found these maps invaluable.....I hope nothing has happened to Phineas......

Looking forward to seeing what Phineas has to offer in the future......

Phineas Crow

First Post
JamesL85 said:
As one of the many that has found these maps invaluable.....I hope nothing has happened to Phineas......

Looking forward to seeing what Phineas has to offer in the future......

Nothing happened... just using the summer to catch up on other projects.

New maps will be posted at the beginning of fall.

The next set of maps are going to have room numbers, objects (altars, chairs, bookcases, etc.), and each map will have a short descriptive text summarizing what the map is of (basically showcasing one way that the map could be used).

Remove ads