• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Phineas's Dungeon Maps o' the Week (100 maps)

Phineas Crow

First Post
As a sort of preview of what is to come, here is the Map legend which will be used for the next set of maps.

It also features the parchment background image I created, despite my lack of digital artistry, which will be used with the new maps.

Attachments

• phm_symbol.jpg
    phm_symbol.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:

Targeteron

Explorer
more maps are always a pleasure. Looking forward to them. just one tiny nitpick. as nice as the parchment background is, it will make printing kinda hard. just something to consider. Loved your first batch and i am shure you will only get better. :)

Darius101

First Post
Maps

Targeteron said:
more maps are always a pleasure. Looking forward to them. just one tiny nitpick. as nice as the parchment background is, it will make printing kinda hard. just something to consider. Loved your first batch and i am shure you will only get better. :)
I enjoyed the Blue classic map and the symbols you poseted and concur that making them on a parchement backround will make them more difficult to print ...using more ink anyway.
I think you are a fantastic cartogropher. Keep up the great work. I have used a number of your maps so far and find them quite useful.
Thanks Phineas,
Darius

Phineas Crow

First Post
To alleviate the concerns about the parchment background I should point out that I do have plans to make grayscale "printer-friendly" versions of the maps.

And a light gray background is preferable to the solid black backgrounds of my earlier underground maps.

Arksorn

First Post
Phineas

These maps are great. They promted me to go out and get CC2-Pro and Dungeon Designer 2 to try and emulate them. Is there any chance you could send me one of your simple maps in CC format so I can use it as a sort of learning aid?

If you can, here is my email: tomchristy@cox.net

Thank you, and like so many others have said, these are great maps.

Phineas Crow

First Post
Taryn said:
Speaking of your maps (and having finally registered here), I was working on my campaign a while back, and, having gotten really bored, I opened Photoshop and made the following:

I like, the maps look great.

Arksorn said:
Phineas

These maps are great. They promted me to go out and get CC2-Pro and Dungeon Designer 2 to try and emulate them. Is there any chance you could send me one of your simple maps in CC format so I can use it as a sort of learning aid?

Sure, I'll email it sometime today.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
Excellent

Phineas,

I haven't said it yet: thank you. You totally f*&^%$# rock for doing this.

I am already using Looming Spire (#24). Heh heh heh. I might post in another thread what I stocked it with... after my PCs are ground into doggie chow, that is.

- Ket

Kylearan

First Post
Well met!
Phineas Crow said:
Sure, I'll email it sometime today.
Hmm, I would like to have the CC2-Files as well. The reason is the same: I still haven't started to work with CC2 but would like to, and your fabulous maps are the best examples to start. Could you send them to me as well? That would be fantastic.

kylearan (at) kylearan (dot) de

Thank you very much in advance!

Kylearan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads