D&D (2024) Pie in the Sky 6E

Reynard

Legend
Go ahead. Let it out. What do you REALLY want from a 6E that you know you aren't going to get?

For me, I think they should abandon the 3 book format and instead go with a Rule Book that is relatively slim and focuses entirely on characters and the processes of play, which you then couple with either an adventure (of the scale of Rime of the Frostmaiden or whatever) OR a setting book (Eberron, Ravenloft, whatever) which has new subclasses and spells and whatever. On top of that, you can do Genre Books for everything from high fantasy to gothic horror (but these work just as well as setting books).

The 5E chassis is pretty robust, and if you thin down the base options you can really focus it at a specific milieu, tone, mood, or whatever with a relatively small number of additions and changes.

Like I said, pie in the sky. But that's what I would want if it were up to me.

Psionics.

Backgrounds with feats.

Martial classes with interesting feats from 9th level onwards.

Monsters that are more dynamic, and that don't always have to be in stat blocks.

Cutting out like at least 1/3rd of the spells, but none of the new ones, just from the original PHB. There's so many in there, and tbh, I really don't know why they exist in 5E. I'm not sure Simulacrum needs to be in the game anymore.

But it can stay, if they make the game fun for Dms to run at high levels.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
- Moving from 3 core books to 2, with the encounter building and magic items combined with the Monster Manual into a single book. A Dungeon Master book can come along chock full of optional rules and DMing advice but move all of the "required material" for a DM to run the game into a single book.

- Getting rid of ability score saving throws in favor of something that isn't 6 saving throws just to have one for each ability score.

Those are the ones that come off the top of my head at least.

Mezuka

Hero
Remove all feats, ASI and 90% of class powers from the PHB. PC become awesome with the magical items and artifacts they find during their adventures. Put feats, ASI and more class powers in an Advanced D&D books. Letting the DM and players choose which type of game they want. It would be more modular.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases