Piece of Mind: a d20 Modern horror/sci fi campaign [METAGAME]

Bobitron

Explorer
kmdietri said:
Can you tell from cell phone records where a call was placed from? Like where the person was located when the called.

Good question. We won't be able to tell that sort of thing from the records, but is there any way to find out where the call originated?

Falkus

Explorer
Why not? All we have to do is find some guy who does charters and is willing accept co-pilots. We're not talking about a Lear here, just some sort of Cesna/whatever big enough for all of us/our gear/the doctor. The sort of island hopper that there are a million of in Central America and the Caribbean.

You still have to file a flight plan and everything for any long distance flights.

I kind of assumed we would be heading to the house after all the research is done. Maybe Hawk could take a drive past the place while the research is happening to see if he notices anything out of place or someone watching the house?

Sounds like an idea.

Can you tell from cell phone records where a call was placed from? Like where the person was located when the called.

Only the region of the cell tower, I believe. If he was using a satellite phone, it's possible to get his exact GPS coordinates.

kmdietri

Explorer
Just so everyone knows this weekend is moving weekend for me so I might not get on to post as much as I'd like if needs be use this action

Decker tags along....

;-)

Last edited:

kmdietri

Explorer
Hello everyone,

How was everyone weekend?

We got everything moved but I won't have my highspeed again 'till Wednesday but I can post here at work.

Bobitron

Explorer
kmdietri said:
Hello everyone,

How was everyone weekend?

Started doing some basic packing this weekend as well. Half done with the garage. :\

But I had a killer rootbeer float, which made up for any discomfort. :D

NightOwl

First Post
The Shaman said:
I haven't tried PbEM before, but I like PbP very much - the only disadvantages are the slow pace and missing out on the expressions on everyone's faces that you get around a tabletop.

PBEM is very similar to PbP in that it is rather slow-paced (perhaps even more so than PbP) and obviously the tabletop interaction is missing. PbP was probably a natural development from PBEM games...

NightOwl

NightOwl

First Post
Falkus said:
One advantage to PbP and PBEM over table top, I've found, is that it's easier to roleplay in character, because I don't have reply instantly, I can think about what to write before I post.

I wholeheartedly agree Falkus! I also find it easier to roleplay and remain 'in character' since I don't have to react immediately and can really think about what my character would do or say. I think for me (personally) I am better at role-playing with the written word as opposed to the spoken one...

NightOwl

P.S. Again, I'm new to the whole PbP thing so if I shouldn't keep posting in the thread and cluttering things up, then please let me know and I will be content at 'lurking'. ;)

Remove ads