• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piece of Mind: a d20 Modern horror/sci fi campaign [METAGAME]

The Shaman

First Post
NightOwl said:
Didn't realize that there is a NightOwl in The Watchmen, which means I'll have to do what I've always meant to do and read those! ;)
Two of them, actually - the original NiteOwl from the Thirties and his successor from the Sixties.

It's an outstanding book - can't recommend it highly enough. I reread it three or four times a year.
NightOwl said:
So, for me it's about me staying up late basically all the time. Fortunately, I require very little sleep to function normally.
Must be nice...I'm considering hibernating a few months a year in the hope that maybe then I'll get enough sleep... :\

kmdietri

Explorer
Everybody have a good weekend?

I was renovating the house we're moving into so I didn't get on here to post as often as I would have liked.

Bobitron

Explorer
Good weekend for me! We found an apartment in Providence, RI, which I thought would take a couple weekends. It's expensive, but really nice. Now I just have to find a way to pack up all my gaming stuff without destroying all those minis...

kmdietri

Explorer
Yeah, I'm moving next weekend. I have mostly the new plastic prepainted jobbies so I'm not too worried about them. I still have a lot of them to move.

Bobitron

Explorer
kmdietri said:
Yeah, I'm moving next weekend. I have mostly the new plastic prepainted jobbies so I'm not too worried about them. I still have a lot of them to move.

Yeah, my plastics I'm not too concerned about. I can always glue them back together if need, and my ongoing laziness is working in my favor, as practically none of them are painted. It's my metals that will be tough, especially the more delicate ones from Rackham. I haven't found a way to store them without risking damage, forget transport them.

Maerdwyn

First Post
I did a cross country move a couple years ago, without a single broken mini. For the small regular ones, I used plastic pistol cases with foam inserts (cheaper than Chessex, but the same basic idea), and for the large ones, a bought a pack of cardstock, and cut strips that were as wide as the mini was tall, and taped them around the mini in a cylinder. Put the cylinders in big card board boxes, and poured packing peanuts in between and in the cyliders. after the first layer was covered with an inch of peanuts, I laid a couple sheets of cardstock in and put down another layer of minis until the box was full. Worked very well :)

Remove ads