• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piece of Mind: a d20 Modern horror/sci fi campaign [METAGAME]

Bobitron

Explorer
Well, that was a stupid choice. :(

I think I was feeling confident that luck was going my way, after my shooting success in our other game. :\

James Heard

Explorer
I wish we could trade rolls. I have a feeling that I've just found out which kids in the local high school are pregnant, who has been cheating on their wives, and whose kids are adopted. All because I thought Brandon should be doing something besides just jogging, and Brandon is definitely the jogging sort. Yup, jogging and pilates...

The Shaman

First Post
Bobitron said:
Ha, nice idea. Whadda ya think, Shaman? Spend an action point to trade rolls with another team member? ;)
Depending on what happens with the rolls I asked James Heard to make for Brandon, he may want to hang onto that Gather Information check for later, especially since you can retry your Research check in the morning after a good night's sleep with an Aid Another bonus from Decker.

(If that's not a broad enough hint... :) )

(Hey Bobitron, is Marcel going to act in round 22 in Wing and Sword...?)

NightOwl

First Post
The Shaman said:
If a space comes open, we'll go ahead and have you make your character then - IMX it's easier to tailor the character to the campaign at that point, so the character can be dropped into the action a little more readily.

No problem...that makes perfect sense. I'm more accustomed to play-by-email games but from what I've seen so far I really like the PbP format.

thx,
NightOwl

The Shaman

First Post
James Heard said:
Having the sniffles would be a small price to pay for the satisfaction of doggedly attempting to do something stupid. :D
Or as my mom has been known to say, "There's no fool like a determined fool." ;)
NightOwl said:
I'm more accustomed to play-by-email games but from what I've seen so far I really like the PbP format.l
I haven't tried PbEM before, but I like PbP very much - the only disadvantages are the slow pace and missing out on the expressions on everyone's faces that you get around a tabletop.

Falkus

Explorer
One advantage to PbP and PBEM over table top, I've found, is that it's easier to roleplay in character, because I don't have reply instantly, I can think about what to write before I post.

James Heard

Explorer
I haven't tried PbEM before, but I like PbP very much - the only disadvantages are the slow pace and missing out on the expressions on everyone's faces that you get around a tabletop.
I don't know, when I GM a tabletop game there's something about pacing around the room and gesticulating wildly....Um, there's probably some truth to that as a player too - but occasionally someone will get the picture and let me read a book between turns and such. Nervous energy, gotta love it.

Remove ads