• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piece of Mind: Thin Air

The Shaman

First Post
As Hawk stretches out his hands, he sees two people, a man and a woman, both in the brown uniforms of the King County Sheriff’s Department under their slickers, both with guns trained on him as he stands on the porch. “Hands in the air! Up!” intones the male deputy. “Turn around! Face away from the sound of my voice! Lock the fingers of your hands together behind your head. Now spread your feet.” Hawk complies, and hears the footsteps of the deputy on the hardwood behind him. The deputy grips Hawk’s hand firmly, pulling him backward to move Hawk’s center of gravity out from over his feet. The handcuffs are cold as they click first on one wrist, then the other. “Relax,” says the deputy, “this is just for your safety and mine.”

Listen checks from everyone upstairs please. If Hawk does not comply with the deputies, let me know and I’ll adjust the text accordingly.

Bobitron

Explorer
Kristen continues to stare at the computer monitor, flicking her eyes back and forth on the screen. She only looks up to compare her findings to some papers when she sees something of note.

OOC: Listen 18

Falkus

Explorer
Hawk didn't resist arrest, not wanting to shoot a cop. "There's a .357 Colt Python in my shoulder holster," he told the police officers, before they searched him, in order to establish himself as being cooperative. "And my concealed carry license is in my wallet."

The Shaman

First Post
Maintaining a firm grip on the handcuffs, the deputy retrieves Hawk’s .357 from its holster and conducts a thorough pat-down. “Is there anyone else in the house?” he asks.

From over his shoulder Hawk hears the female deputy’s voice as she speaks into her radio. “Station 18, eighteen-three-five-six, one subject detained at residence. Requesting a supervisor at the scene.”

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads