Piratecat Comics & MnM presents six issues of Code-4: Reunion (updated 4/06)

shilsen

Adventurer
KidCthulhu said:
OK, I was going to keep quiet on this one...

Not that PC isn't a rat bastard, but I don't want y'all getting the idea he walks on water.

I guess this is the matrimonial version of "No man is a hero to his valet" :D

Pyske

Explorer
shilsen said:
I guess this is the matrimonial version of "No man is a hero to his valet" :D

Indeed, I have often found that the women who know us best are our best protection against inflated egos.

PS -- I almost phrased that in a unintentionally non-grandmother-friendly way. What was I thinking?!

Quartermoon

First Post
Piratecat said:
"Not all 'o us. You heard anything from her?"

"Not directly, but we were never close. I understand that she's out of the Providence Asylum and out of the life. Retired, retrained and relocated by AEGIS, somewhere in Ohio."

"Poor Jane."

Just noticed this. ;) Ohio is, after all, such a safe, boring place. Perfect for maintaining one's tenuous grip on sanity.

That is, until all the overly pleasant people drive you insane. :uhoh:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Quartermoon said:
Ohio is, after all, such a safe, boring place. Perfect for maintaining one's tenuous grip on sanity.

Little do you know that you just noticed my sneaky tribute to you. :D

And since I'm too pooped to finish the real update on this or the main story hour, I have the perfect interruption. . .

ADVERTISEMENT

Rubber Band vs. Coldsnap!

“It’s quite simple, you see.” The small child squinted through his thick glasses at the other children in the classroom. “I’m actually a super-genius and I’ve invented an atomic freeze ray. Give me all your lunch money, and at recess I’ll sink Freedom City into endless snowy winter. Just think of it – sledding every day, and snow days for the rest of the year. And that’s just the beginning of my nefarious plans!” The children cheered as they began to shove dollar bills into Coldsnap’s mitten-clad hands.

History teacher Reggie Williams yanked his head back around the corner of the classroom door. “Nuclear winter! That’s one messed up little egg-head.” R.B. ducked into the nearby supply closet. “Someone’s gotta do somethin’ about his appetite for disaster.” Seconds later he bounded out as the ever-popular Rubber Band. Forming his elastic body into a huge wheel, R.B. rolled down the school corridor and into Mrs. Greely’s fourth grade classroom.

“Rubber Band!” hissed Coldsnap, pulling a humming frost projector from his parka pocket. “I’ve just started on my life of crime, and my hunger for destruction knows no limit. You’ll never stop me, hero!”

“Oh yeah?” Rubber Band stopped short and flattened his elastic body into a makeshift catapult. Golden sponge cakes flew across the classroom and rained down around Coldsnap’s head. “It isn’t endless winter you’re craving, boy. Let’s see you satisfy your appetite on these!

Coldsnap clutched at the snack cakes in rapture. “How did you know? Ohhh, golden sponge cake! Delicious creamed filling! I can’t possibly freeze the city today – I’ll be too busy having snack!”

“That’s right, Coldsnap.” Rubber Band looped his arm around Coldsnap multiple times, entangling the want-to-be villain in a rubbery lariat. “Stay in school, kids, and remember – the only thing better than a taste for knowledge. . . is the taste of delicious Hostess Twinkies!”

You get a big delight
in every bite
of Hostess™ Twinkies!

Actual story (and not more ads) continued on following pages.

coyote6

Adventurer
One of these was inevitable, I suppose. I was always more of a Zinger guy myself.

BTW, let Sagiro & co. know -- I picked up Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich this afternoon, and after 5 or so hours, I declare it great fun. I'm getting whupped on by Red Suns and their $#*&ing elemental bomb buddies, but it's great fun. :)

ledded

Herder of monkies
Capellan said:
The irony being, of course, that ol' Boulder-boy is a quite conscious rip-off ... uh 'homage' ... of the Grimmster.

Boulder's got a better battle-cry, though :cool:

Ah, yes, like Lela *I* noticed that bit of coolness myself but my point was that noone was screaming it. It must be the Wolverine fan(boy)base that sees ol' Wolvie everywhere there is a super with claws and regen (or one of the two). If you look at nearly every supers Story Hour, game thread or character thread here, Wolverine invariably comes up multiple times, usually followed by giggles and snickers and funny snicker-snack sounds and whatnot. Not that I havent enjoyed the character myself, but there is something about him that makes fans see him everywhere they look :).

Personally, I like the ways that Blackjack differs from the ol' clawed iconoclast, and look forward to seeing how him, and all the others, develop over time. There is just something a little different about how PC's in a supers game grow and take off as the player gets really comfortable in their skin vs. how a d20 Modern/D&D character does.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
ledded said:
It must be the Wolverine fan(boy)base that sees ol' Wolvie everywhere there is a super with claws and regen (or one of the two).

It would take a fanboy to hear "claws and regen" and think anything other than Wolverine.

Just like I would expect "cowl and utility belt" to evoke Batman.

That's not a fanboy reaction-- that's an everyman reaction.

Remove ads