• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Sagiro said:
Fajitas (who was playing Ioun) did at one point utter the phrase: "...back when I was 27th level..."
Heh. Yeah. Good times. :cool:

And let me please just express the utter bizarreness of trying to simultaneously keep track of the effects and abilities of nearly two dozen Ioun stones at once. It's enough to make your head swim.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Anyone who is NOT one of my players may click here to see Ioun's character sheet. You can make envious grunts at his unique magic items in that thread, too, but it's not for players. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the tenses. Point that out when you see it; I'm trying to train myself to write in past tense, but I definitely slip.

Next update is Monday.

Last edited:

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Piratecat said:
Anyone who is NOT one of my players may click here to see Ioun's character sheet. You can make envious grunts at his unique magic items in that thread, too, but it's not for players. :)

You are a foul tempter! :p

-Sagiro

Sito

First Post
...and welcome to one of the advantages of being a former player. I'm peeking.

[peeks]

wow.

Oh and incidentally, I think we hit G1 between November of '96 to January of '97. Gosh, we're old.

MTR

First Post
How close are these posts to the real game? How much time was skipped when this new thread was started?

Oh, and welcome back.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Sito said:
Oh and incidentally, I think we hit G1 between November of '96 to January of '97. Gosh, we're old.
That puts the group at lvl 8-9.

This game was played a week ago Thursday. I aim to finish writing up each game before the next one is played two weeks later. We all know my track record on that, but it's an achievable goal.

We have bypassed six months of game time and a year and a half of real time. Some of those games include what might be my favorite adventures in the whole campaign, though, so it's really something I'm looking forward to writing. It's something I want folks to read.

And infinite thanks for the patience, and the kind words.

Last edited:

Fimmtiu

First Post
Fajitas said:
And let me please just express the utter bizarreness of trying to simultaneously keep track of the effects and abilities of nearly two dozen Ioun stones at once. It's enough to make your head swim.

Jeez. At some point, you'd think he'd need to invent an air traffic control ioun stone just to keep the rest orbiting...

Remove ads