• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Dirigible said:
Brings a whole new meaning to 'Reflex save for half'.

If a shell makes a whistling sound, I wonder if the mountain-tops will make something like a deep bass thrum that just grows and grows as the sky begins to get darker and darker...

Destil

Explorer
Is the 1st post here an E-Mail from when you begain the game up againt after the "Everyone's having babies" break?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Destil said:
Is the 1st post here an E-Mail from when you begain the game up againt after the "Everyone's having babies" break?

Dang, you're good. Got it in one... although I edited it a little to remove some spoilers. It seemed like a good way to start things off. I just wish that every time I read it, I didn't visualize the words crawling up the screen like the beginning to a Star Wars movie. . .

Maybe I'll add a reference to Dooku in it. Hee hee. Dooku.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Piratecat said:
Maybe I'll add a reference to Dooku in it. Hee hee. Dooku.

Stupidest. Name. Ever.

How can you respect a bad guy who sounds like something you scrape off your shoe? "Oh damn, I just stepped in some Dooku!"

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Campbell said:
I really dug the magic-user reference.

Good. My work here is done. :)

I'm halfway done the update, but the real world calls. I'll finish it ASAP, most likely posted tomorrow morning.

Elric

First Post
The story hour is great as always. My suggestion: if you find writing the story hour easier without using the tapes, just skip them. I remember reading your account of the Minotaur Pirates fight (on the way to Eversink) 5 years ago. Since you write well enough to make me remember it after all this time, you probably don’t need tapes to refresh your memory in order to write an amazing story hour (insert obligatory “Use the force” line here).

Remove ads