Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerichothebard

First Post
Piratecat said:
No, this was done by Nacreous's main wizard (whose name I'm blanking on for the moment), an clever and ancient epic lvl caster who is responsible for most of the city's defenses and flesh-crafting (it was this guy's apprentice who Galthia killed by shattering the Gem of Making, outside of Akin's Throat, just before Imbindarla hit and all hell broke loose.) He lived in the mansion atop the hill of bones, and while the Ivory King looked to Soder for advice, he looked to this wizard for power and strategy.

Ironically enough, the Defenders destroyed him with nothing more than words. They told Mara's friend, who told The Clarion of Aeos, who prayed to Aeos, who learned that this "mortal" had disrupted the divine cycle of prayers, which made him angry enough to manifest on the spot and smite him down in a blaze of fiery light... which left the glowing afterimage that the Defenders are currently using to their advantage. In other words, the Defenders of Daybreak killed one of their most dangerous foes and left a way to help kill the other months before they ever learned that the foe even existed.

And no, I didn't plan it that way or anticipate this. It's the logical consequence of their actions. I blame them.

See, and that's the thing I admire most about you as a storycrafter and DM. Your world has so much verismilitude and is so well thought out that stuff like this can happen. Cause and effect, man. It's great and very inspiring.

jtb

ledded

Herder of monkies
Wow. I was about to make some comment about the "Cat's pajamas", but I think I'll just let that one go. :)

So I saw the updates after the drought, and finally got around to popping back in and catching up with the Defenders.

I don't know if any of the other fledgling Story Hour authors out there feel this, but I imagine at least a few would agree with me:

Before, there was the bar that the long-time SH authors like PC, Sagiro, et al set. It was way up there, and left folks occasionally scampering around in vain happily trying to find a way to approach it.

After finishing those last few PC updates, shielding my eyes from the strong sunlight, I took a look at where the bar is now. :confused:

And turned to my buddy nearby to ask, "Hey man, um, so when did you say the next shuttle is going up?" :heh:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Jackylhunter said:
KidC's not bitter, no no no, not bitter at all. I'm suprised PC made it back from the river at all.

Bitter? The Ivory King just met her! (*rim shot*)
Bittersweet chocolate?
Rubber innertube?
Refrigerator box?
Rubber chicken?
You get the idea.
Seriously, KidCthulhu knew what she was getting herself in for when she decided to taunt a semi-demigod. You can be sure that she misses the character, but there's no unfairness involved with it. Nolin went out doing what he loves best, and his death made a tremendous difference both in the fight and the future history of the world. How many PCs can say that with certainty?

As these things go, it was a good death.

Spatzimaus

First Post
Piratecat said:
Bitter? The Ivory King just met her! (*rim shot*)
Bittersweet chocolate?
Rubber innertube?
Refrigerator box?
Rubber chicken?

Center for Disease Control?
Cracker Barrel?
Flavor Enhancer?

It's like Mad Libs, you can do that all day.

Well, Dakkareth won the Death Pool, and since only two people even picked Nolin in the first place, it wasn't even close. Of course, there could be a lot more deaths before this is all over... heh heh heh.

So, I think we need a new betting pool to replace the now-defunct Death Pool. How about this: What race and class will KidCthulhu's new character be? (Since this battle took place 11 months ago, the question's a bit strange, I know.)

Last edited:

KidCthulhu

First Post
Now there's a pool! I'm willing to lay down actual cash that none of you can guess correctly.

Offer not valid for current PC players, or anyone I've already told. Contest not open to employees of PirateCat-Rat Bastard Enterprises or their families. Not valid on the planet Earth or any of its territories. Professional driver on a closed course. Do not try this at home.

hard head

First Post
Wait a minute, the consequences of this tragedy could be slipping us by.

There could unforeseen cohort issues arising out of this.

KidC wouldn't be continuing to play a halfling with a fondness for tentacles?

I am probably way out

Last edited:

Len

Prodigal Member
Yeah, you're way out.

Think: Obviously, after however many years, she'll want to play something completely different. So, what character would be the opposite of a vain bard with flaming hair who always has something to say?

That's right. Priggle's got a new player.

Sito

First Post
KidCthulhu said:
Offer not valid for current PC players, or anyone I've already told. Contest not open to employees of PirateCat-Rat Bastard Enterprises or their families. Not valid on the planet Earth or any of its territories. Professional driver on a closed course. Do not try this at home.

Just so long as my mileage doesn't vary.

Since my last long-held guess was so far off the mark, let's try another:

Spell completed, Agar looks up. “Nolin’s not lying.”

Soder sighs, like gas escaping a bloated corpse. "I miss those halcyon days where we would sit in your study, and chat away half the night over a glass of wine." He sounds nostalgic.

Nolin loses his temper. “You delusional freak! We never chatted, we never drank your wine. We don’t like you!”

In that zone of truth was up, does this mean that Soder met Nolin during the "black-out" period when our favorite bard was underground with Hagiok? That would sure fill in a couple blanks. Or is Soder just delusional? (for that matter, am I?)

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
hard head said:
KidC wouldn't be continuing to play a halfling with a fondness for tentacles?

Only if she did away with Agar's player :) While Agar started off as a cohort he's a fully fledged PC in his own right now.

It is interesting to try and guess what character/class/race KidC might be. I could imagine a half-orc sorcerer or druid character if it was just core races and classes, but if ECl races are included it could be anything. Young Silver/Gold dragon perhaps?

Cheers

Morte

Explorer
I was thinking that if I were KidC I might like to play the Phoenix ("Rides the Flame"?), at least for a while.

Given that Nolin mentioned something about swanning around with the Phoenix after death, back in that "do we want to be raised" conversation, I even wonder if Nolin is still "sort of alive" in the Phoenix's body. The two soul's are still cohabiting, but in a different vessel, or something like that.

But I can see taking over Priggle too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads