Planejammer / Spellscape

Let's say at some point over the next few months WotC announces some update to Planescape and/or Spelljammer. This may include cherry picking the best bits of each and combining them.

What would you want out of such a setting, or supplement?

1. An actually detailed cosmological/galactic/phlogistonic map of the D&D Multiverse, showing the location of each and every previously mentioned planet, moon, plane, demiplane, dimension, alternate timeline, and reality, from all editions of D&D, and all TSR/WotC rpg lines (Alternity, d20 Modern, etc). Something like the most detailed Star Wars Galaxy map.

2. Include a full-page planetary map of each of the major worlds (Abeir-Toril, Ravenloft, Oerth, Athas, Krynn, Eberron, Mystara, Aebrynis, Nerath, "D&D Earth" (Urban Arcana/Historical Reference), Sigil, and Rock of Bral), with an icon showing where every published adventure is officially placed or suggested. (Several sites exist in more than one world - e.g. Keep on the Borderland.)

3. Include Chronomancy so that, not only all the worlds can be visited, but also, all the times (e.g. Arcane Age of FR, Age of Blackmoor of Mystara, Age of Istar in Dragonlance). Include a timeline of the D&D Multiverse, lining up all the chronologies of the various worlds (and taking into account the mathematics of how some worlds have shorter years!). Also make space for sidestream timelines for continuity snags and alternate/parallel storylines, such as the various d20 Modern Campaign Models set on Earth.

4. Make reference to Bruce Heard's "reality" concept, so as to make clear the distinction between the Original Reality, Classic Reality, Advanced Reality, Second Reality, Saga Reality, Third Reality, Fourth Reality, and Fifth Reality. There are eight main Realities of the D&D Multiverse.

5. Introduce a slight connection with the rest of the Hasbro Universe via a wider "Megaverse" beyond the D&D Multiverse proper: Dominaria (M:tG), Transformers, Go-Bots, GI Joe, Action Man, Equestria, Micronauts, M.A.S.K., Jem and the Holograms, Clue, Visionaries, and ROM: Space Knight. So that these can become D&D settings in the future, and leverage the upcoming Hasbro Cinematic Universe films.

Last edited:

Coroc

Hero
[MENTION=6688049]Polyhedral Columbia[/MENTION]

Ahm Ravenloft is not a planet as such it is a demiplane to my best knowledge, I doubt there is Ravenspace and Portals to Ravenloft are usually 1 way only and that is in.

Eight main realities? Did not know about that one, what is that about?

Coroc

Hero

I want to Play Gi Joe in FR :p (NOT of course) but imagine the outcry of hardcore FR fans who are totally happy with 5e FR drawing in all Kind of stuff from other setttings.

Action Man? Was that that 70s bearded Guy in an orange Overall? The competor for Big Jim who could not do a Karate strike but was much more expensive ?

gyor

Legend

I want to Play Gi Joe in FR :p (NOT of course) but imagine the outcry of hardcore FR fans who are totally happy with 5e FR drawing in all Kind of stuff from other setttings.

Action Man? Was that that 70s bearded Guy in an orange Overall? The competor for Big Jim who could not do a Karate strike but was much more expensive ?

If I was going to do a D&D crossover I'd go with Star Trek, it'd be cool to see races like Cardassians, Risians, Trill, Klingons, Vulcans (what do you mean your not an Elf ;p), Betaziods, Deltans, Orions, Gorn, Surians, Jem'hadar, Vorta, Klingons, Nausicaans, Pakleds, Lethans, Remans, Romulans, Halafians, Bolians, Andorians, with spells, as well as seeing how the Federation deals with FR Gods.

gyor

Legend
Being more realistic I'd want a Chapter on Sigil, a Chapter on the Outer Planes and Energy Planes, a Chapter on the Inner and Transitive Planes, a Chapter on the Material Plane, Echo Planes, and the Phlogiston (including blurb on all major settings, like Toril, Kyrnn, Oerth, Nerath, Eberron, Athas, Cellia, Mystara).

And some player material like Sigil Faction backgrounds, some Spelljammers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases