• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape 3.5e - Cold Black Mask

Cage-Rattler

First Post
István Angushtri said:
"We don't need anymore of the kind of help you're peddling here.
The gnome's words still lingering heavy in the air, Anthony's companion -- a tiefling girl with small, ebon horns curving back over her head -- pushed forward, fire in her dark eyes.

"Oi, listen, you," she snapped. "We aren't soddin' sword-swinging spell-shouters like you lot; Tony was just keeping us safe! And he didn't have to check on ya either, but he did; so why don't you just swallow your soddin' pride for a second and hear what he has to say?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Cage-Rattler said:
"so why don't you just swallow your soddin' pride for a second and hear what he has to say?"
Glad to see the tout turning to leave, István keeps his grip on the weapon at his back for the moment. "We just did. Maybe the Harmonium would enjoy hearing it too."

Shayuri

First Post
"I realize this doesn't technically involve me," Sonata says carefully.

She eyes Anthony and his friend.

"A blood who's smart uses every opportunity that beats on his door. Not saying you should fall into his arms and give him a kiss. But him coming here at all means he's trying to make it right, somehow, I'd say. Just because you don't trust him doesn't mean he can't be of use to you."

Ambrus

Explorer
István turns to regard Sonata dubiously. "Making it right would have been coming here before the thugs showed up to warn us they were coming. As is he's just checking in to see which side lost the fight. No, I'd rather get help from a guide who hasn't already sold us out."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Anthony sighs at the paranoid gnome, and replies to the two lovely ladies. "I appreciate the vote of confidence Lilly, Miss... But he's made up his mind. Nothin' any of us say now is gonna change it." He shakes his head and looks around for a free table, then turns to the lovely human. "Care to join us for breakfast? I'd like to know who you are, and just what you're doin' banging around with these primes. Besides, it seems they wish to eat in solitude."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Pierce creaks her spikes ominously when Anthony revealed that he had sent the Black Dogs to the inn. It was a justifiable self-presevationist attitude, necessary in a city where death was a very cheap commodity, but to seem accepting of such practices when she was guarding another's life was bad for business. Thusly she strove to look faintly menacing, so he would remember to choose carefully between any two evils presented to him. She meant him no harm personally, but if he was to put her client in danger again, he should have that to think about.

After all, this was strictly business.

"It seems you have a need of a bodyguard too, to prevent you from having to sending armed men to beat upon resting acquaintences," Pierce tells Anthony evenly. "If your own hide is valuable to you, I would guard it well. I know the names of one or two others of honest repute and good price." And, not so coincidentally, they'd have to give her a finder's fee if he took her up on it...

Dire Lemming

First Post
"I don't need no soddin' minder!" Anthony snaps, but immediately regrets his tone. "I don't need a bodyguard." He says in a much calmer voice. "Only reason I'd need one is if I kept on with your current employers... and it's clear that our business is at an end. May the Lady's shadow pass you by."

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Sindr looked from one warring camp to the other with a raised eyebrow.
"Hold on now," he began. "Things could've definitely gone better for us last night, but let's not wave each other off as total losses just yet."

He turned to Sonata and Anthony. "Look, the two of you obviously know something about what's goin' on, so why don't you tell us, an' we'll see if we want to help each other out?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Anthony cocks his head at Sindr, as if he hadn't quite heard him correctly. "What do I know about this? I know some berks are after you, and it's probably got something to do with the Baatezu church and that mask. I also know that up until now I'd only had to deal with berks harassin' my friends for money, and I'm not twigin' to this new reason. So considerin' that ye don't even want my help, what reason have I got to try stick aroun'?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, I for one want the whole chant on this," Sonata says. "I know a piece myself, and these primes know a piece and it looks like you do too. I think each of us should say our piece...then we can decide what comes next once it's all out."

She addresses Anthony then, "So don't go too far if they won't listen to you. I will."

Remove ads