Votes: 47 27.8%
  • I am giving up on D&D altogether

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.1%

Nail

First Post
Arkhandus said:
(I've only bought the Book of Nine Swords cuz it's really cool, and compatible with 3.0 with hardly any tweaking; I like rules variants, but 4E promises to take the model of Bo9S to an extreme and make it the default/core on top of that)
So long as significant play-testing occurs, and the results are balanced, I would like to see ToB:Bo9S material in 4e.

It's fun stuff!

Howndawg

Explorer
From what I've read about 4e, it seems more suited to my style of gaming than 3.x is, which despite having generally the best set of D&D rules out there caters to a style of gaming I really do not like. Therefore, I will go over to 4e.

Howndawg

Thurbane

First Post
*sigh* POsting a poll always leads to such pedantry - if you don't like the word "upgrade", just pretend it says "switch to" or "change my primary gaming experience to". :p

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Thurbane said:
*sigh* POsting a poll always leads to such pedantry - if you don't like the word "upgrade", just pretend it says "switch to" or "change my primary gaming experience to". :p

I could pretend "upgrade" says "hausfrau" and it wouldn't change my answer. :p

irdeggman

First Post
Jhaelen said:
I'm currently using 3.5 and will continue to do the until the end of the campaign. Depending on when it's finished I might use 4th.ed. for the next campaign.

I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade at some point in the future, I just cannot say, when.

Ditto.

I've already told my players that we will be finishing Age of Worms using 3.5.

Thurbane

First Post
For myself, my group has only started playing 3E (3.5) in the last 18 months or so, and we've invested too much time (and resources) into getting into this edition to bother about switching to 4E any time soon.

I'll glance at the core books and SRD (if any), maybe integrate a few rules to 3.5, but our full switchover to 4E is unlikley, to say the least.

Davewolf

First Post
Out of the six other players in my group when they found out about 4e;
One said 'could be good'!
Two more said 'well that means loads of cheap 3e stuff we can get'.
One said 'wtf were they thinking'?
One doesn't care about which rules we use anyway.
The last just pulled a face and said nothing.
So I don't see the point in trying to upgrade, especially as they only came back to 3e because I ran a campaign. :\

Belbarid

First Post
Thurbane said:
Just curious, a quick poll to see what people's plans for upgrading their D&D games are.

(Not 100% sure if this belongs here or in the 4E forum?)

I suppose it depends on what you mean by upgrading.

I will not be buying any 4th Ed books. WotC is once again releasing a version that appears to be designed to sell another round of books, with any improvements to the game being incidental. I'm getting a little tired of getting soaked for another several hundred dollars just to re-buy the same PH/DMG/MM series of which I already have several copies- all useless now.

I might play 4th ed. I'm done throwing money away, though.

Belbarid

First Post
Thurbane said:

I'm not trying to be pedantic. If you mean "upgrade" in the Microsoft sense, as in "Here's another product to buy, even though you really don't need it", then the answer is no.

If you mean "Will I play 4th ed", then the answer is probably yes. Borrowing someone else's books.

Remove ads