D&D General Play the Solasta: Crown of the Magister Demo

For a few days only you can download the demo for the 5E-powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game as part of the Steam Summer Festival. The demo comes in two parts -- the character creation tool, and an adventure called Ruins of Telema. At the moment the two are separate, so you can't use the characters you make in the character creation tool in the adventure. Roll for initiative...

For a few days only you can download the demo for the 5E-powered Solasta: Crown of the Magister video game as part of the Steam Summer Festival.

The demo comes in two parts -- the character creation tool, and an adventure called Ruins of Telema. At the moment the two are separate, so you can't use the characters you make in the character creation tool in the adventure.

ss_00933c3cd2492f876c8e28703d44aa95f020cc94.600x338.jpg

Roll for initiative, take attacks of opportunity, manage player location and the verticality of the battle field. Set yourself up for the finishing strike and possibly roll a natural 20 at that key moment of battle.

In Solasta, you take control of four heroes, each with unique skills that complement one another. Every hero expresses themselves in the adventure, making each action and dialog choice a dynamic part to the story. Players will create their heroes just as they would in a pen-and-paper game choosing their race, class, personality and rolling for their stats.

You make the choices, dice decide your destiny.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I really liked the demo a lot......but the issues with jumping/falling someplace are bad. You could literally end up someplace you can't get out of. Very annoying. The camera work is better than when the demo first came out, but 100% confused me for some time the first time I used it.

I don't care about the cliches in the dialogue, but I get that others will.

They're using the OGL, I believe. I love the way they put on their website "WotC has granted us a license to...."

Technically, that's true. All us OGL publishers should start saying that.
But haven't they also said they have been in direct communication with WotC?

I don't know if they plan to add more subraces, but at the moment the distribution of ability scores seems odd - half elves make better fighters than dwarves, who are pushed into clerics and rogues. And what's a dex/cha halfing for without bards, sorcerers or warlocks?

Some of the backgrounds seem a bit unbalanced too - Sellsword wizard getting free medium armour proficiency?

Remove ads

Remove ads