Player asked for a favour: MC Barbarian-Warlock

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I have given this some thought, and have to conclude that it is potentially game-breaking.

Here is why: Elven Accuracy feat.

Elven Accuracy combined with Reckless Attack and Brutal Critical would be massively powerful. But this is forbidden because Elven Accuracy doesn't work with Strength based attacks. However, Elven Accuracy DOES work with Cha based attacks.

Even if your player is not an elf, you could have another player create an elven barbarian with a single level hexblade and demand to be allowed to use this exploit.

Elven accuracy is itself playtest material, a DM is perfectly in line not allowing it.

Edit : as pointed out, that's incorrect. It's in Xanathar's now. Below still applies though.

Heck, an oath of vengeance DEX paladin could abuse the feat as much or more than the build in question.

As for consistency: anytime I allow a build that deviates from the RAW it is with the provision "unless it causes problems..." This would be considered experimental and may have to be changed.

Last edited:

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Elven accuracy is itself playtest material, a DM is perfectly in line not allowing it.

Heck, an oath of vengeance DEX paladin could abuse the feat as much or more than the build in question.

As for consistency: anytime I allow a build that deviates from the RAW it is with the provision "unless it causes problems..." This would be considered experimental and may have to be changed.

Elven accuracy was published. A DM can of course still not allow it but it's no longer playtest material.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
? It is published in Xanathar's.

Also worth noting that a Dex paladin can't combine Elven accuracy, reckless attack and GWF the way the proposed charbarian could.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
? It is published in Xanathar's.

Also worth noting that a Dex paladin can't combine Elven accuracy, reckless attack and GWF the way the proposed charbarian could.
Oops, guess I was going off Google at work instead of the books at home.

Was thinking of the unearthed arcana.

I stand corrected.

Remove ads