• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards, & Sorcerers

ruemere

Adventurer
Teflon Billy,

I am getting Creature Collection Revised & Blood Bayou, but the next book is going to be the one for Sorcerers and Wizards.

:)

It should be worth the every penny.

Regards,
Ruemere

Holy Bovine

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
Player's Guide to Wizards, etc.
Player's Guide to Rogues, etc.
Arcana Unearthed
Warcraft RPG

For someone who spent the better part of the 90's actively avoiding White Wolf products, I sure do seem to be giving them an awful lot of my money nowadays. :)

I am thinking the exact same thing. I honestly (outside of a couple of CCGs) had never bought a book from White Wolf before 2000. Now my Scarred Lands books outnumber any other publisher (of 3E stuff) I have including WotC!

I am ordering this the instant I get back to work in September (along with the Fighter and Rogue ones too of course).

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Teflon Billy said:

But seriously Nightfall, name me a Scarred Lands product you don't feel is in a 20-item tie for "Best Product in the history of gaming, Ever!!!"

I love your enthusiasm man, but your recommendation fo Scarred Lands product is...well, not exactly a shock ;)

Well I can think of two or three. One that stands out for me is Penumbral Pentagon. Not as good as Shelzar or Hornsaw. And while Calastia was great in some respects wasn't that outstanding in my view as Hollowfaust or Shelzar.

But again I'm willing to admit I'm a little biased but I will say there are other Non-SL products I love. Monster's Handbook by FFG, Midnight is a great setting along with Oathbound, Anything by Green Ronin gets a look at by me and will usually buy. And of course the other people under the S&SS banner will get my support, (except EQ but that's a personal issue).

Nightfall

Holy Bovine said:

I am thinking the exact same thing. I honestly (outside of a couple of CCGs) had never bought a book from White Wolf before 2000. Now my Scarred Lands books outnumber any other publisher (of 3E stuff) I have including WotC!

I am ordering this the instant I get back to work in September (along with the Fighter and Rogue ones too of course).

Don't forget the Paladins and Monks, plus Clerics and Druids! ;) (Madriel will thank you for it.)

Liquid Snake

First Post
I own both 'Holowfaust´and ´Calastia´, but even though I like Hollowfaust -the place- more, I think Calastia -the book- was better than its counterpart. The book delivered for me a fresh new to the archetypal tyrannical nation and the kind of details I need for adventurers going through any area of the Calastian territory.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Just got it today!

OK... The book is a soft back. (for that price I was expecting a bit more substance to the actual book.)
The material inside made up for it. :D

I read the first few sections and was impressed but the meat and bones of it all was the setting.
I had not given the Scarred Lands any thought until now. I may have to buy some more books (DANM YOU ALL!).

Over all the book is great 4 out of 5.
(The softback issue and some of the interior art was soso. being my only complaints.)

Thanks for turning me on to a new setting. (And just reaching in and reeling in my wallet. :( )

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sweet! :) Glad you like it. My advice, pick up R&R2, and the SLCS:Ghelspad. That will help you out a good bit. ;)

Liquid, true but while I'm not disparging Calastia, I felt the writing it in wasn't as fluid as say Hornsaw. But the info in it was good.

Trickstergod

First Post
Relics and Rituals II is a sloppy piece of work, over-all, though it has some good stuff in it.

Those getting into the setting should, almost obviously, pick up the Ghelspad Campaign Setting, but I'd prioritize Divine and the Defeated right beside it, and well above Relics and Rituals II. Divine and the Defeated and the Ghelspad Campaign Setting form the very heart of the setting, in my opinion, and do the best job of fleshing it out.

I will have to see if Waldenbooks has the new guides or Creature Collection out at some point in the near future, though...I've gift certificates currently itching to be used on Scarred Lands material...

Argent Silvermage

First Post
More gushing about the book.

That has to be the best and coolest "origin of Magicians" that I have ever read. I'm dieing to play a wizard in the setting just because of the backstory.

(God i'm such a sucker for a well written book. Soon your find me in medieval hookers clothes pimping Scarred Lands on the streets of Philly.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads