• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playing Minotaurs

I haven't been paying much attention to races recently, but this is the first full PC race that I've seen that gets a bonus to two stats which apply to the same defence, and doesn't get a flat bonus to another defence to make up for it (like the Eladrin and Warforged do).

Has this become normal?

James McMurray

First Post
You become larger = you can wield a larger weapon. It's debatable whether the weapon you're carrying becomes larger or not, but since if it didn't you wouldn't be able to wield it easily, it seems to make sense that it does.

Shroomy

Adventurer
You become larger = you can wield a larger weapon. It's debatable whether the weapon you're carrying becomes larger or not, but since if it didn't you wouldn't be able to wield it easily, it seems to make sense that it does.

Given that the power doesn't state that your weapon damage dice get larger, I'd say that you wouldn't get the benefits of wielding an oversized weapon, just the +5 bonus to damage. However, that is better than the increase to the average damage that an oversized weapon would provide.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Those stupid full color borders are still at the top.

And the very first picture is a reprint of an old cover featuring gladiator bits.

Some interesting bits for the players though.

Well, I was grumbling about the change, till I found out that minotaurs have the option to be size large at paragon levels, which more then compensates.

however, I'd love for them to add a few more options to the big lumeoux.

I remember one of my favorite pics being from 2nd edition humanoid handbook where their is a minotaur spellcaster casting spells from one of his hands.

In a similar note, there should be a a series of feats/powers for warlock that allow it to be a good choice for a minotaur. I was a fan of PFRPG (not pathfinder) where the minotaurs were key minions of what could be best described as lovecraftean horrors.

additionally, dungeonneering should be a choice for minotaur as a class skill, regardless of class.

Last edited:

I have this idea for a feat, requesting feedback.
Horn as shield
Requirements: Minotaur
Benefits: Your horns act as a light buckler. Additionally any special power that uses a shield (ex. Tide of iron), you can use your horns instead to get either the usage or bonus.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads