• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Please Help with 3.5 Spring Attack Feat.

Kelban

First Post
Regarding Monks and the all-wonderful "Spring Attack"... don't forget the lowly Barbarian - reasonable spring-attacker, and the Scout, which can be very effective there as well.

Kelban

First Post
Also, something I am working to clarify in my current campaign, is that a spring attack cannot be made around corners against opponents that you cannot see - migitaging circumstances 'could' include a spotter who tells you where your opponent is located, but I think that will still incur a penalty to the springer, as there's a lot of mis-calculation that can happen when he comes springing around the corner and his target isn't right where he thought it would be (or better yet, a new target ends up in an intervening position!). I also restrict the number of direction changes the springing character can make during the approach and release actions... never did make sense to me that a person could weave their way through 4 opponents, with 5 direction changes, so he could attack that mage "in the back"...

Remove ads