• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please tell me about plants that are hard to kill

Greylock

First Post
I once dated a woman who had a fine ficus, although she tried her best to kill it. It was a lovely thing though, and I nursed it into a beautifully intertwined thing, green and alive. And the girl and I married.

Some time later, I found a stick in a pot on a streetcorner in Milwaukee. Nursed it for while, and ended up with one fug-ugly unruly ficus in a pot. Never could find a way to make it as pretty as the first, but they became life-long companions. Then came the dissolution of my marriage. Of course, the first ficus made the long list of things that were "her's", and I was left with the stick in the pot.

Been five years now, and I still can't kill it. Alsih2o took some pity on it the last time he visited, so I've made an effort to water it every once in a while. But only so much, by gawd. Only so much.

It's skeletal limbs are mocking me as I write this. It refuses to die.

HTH

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
haiiro said:
It sounds like it would be the top part holding the plant -- is this right?

In any case, it seems like a very good idea for the casually neglectful. Thank you. :)
heh- yes the soil and plant go in the top pot. Unless you are trying to water water :p Sorry about that, apparently typing without thinking does not work so well :)

Remove ads