Please tell me about plants that are hard to kill

haiiro

First Post
I've got a brown thumb, but lately I've really been wanting some plants to brighten up my new place. To survive my periodic neglect, they're going to need to be hardy little buggers -- other than cacti, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

TracerBullet42

First Post
Try Hostas. There are many varieties and the things survive very well in many conditions.

Try to get your hands on a veriagated variety, they've got cool white veins which contrast with the green of the leaves.

And they are perennials and multiply every year, so in a few years you can split them up and spread them around to new places.

Hostas, that's my recommendation.

DMH

First Post
Dandelions are cheap and easy to find ;)

Hens and chicks are small, tough house plants that don't need much care.

Spider plants have the advantage of making gifts for friends and relatives.

Diffenbachia is a toxic house plant that can survive some abuse.

IronWolf

blank
I seem to recall aloe vera plants being easy to take care of. One of my college roomates had one while we were in school. I distinctly recall watering that thing with beer left in stray bottles and cans. It seemed to thrive quite well in that environment...

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
I heard that triffids generally hold up pretty well. Unless you shoot them with razor frisbees. Or dunk them in water.

:lol:

AHH! DANG YOU TRIFFID! MY EYE!

Last edited:

AuroraGyps

First Post
IronWolf said:
I seem to recall aloe vera plants being easy to take care of. One of my college roomates had one while we were in school. I distinctly recall watering that thing with beer left in stray bottles and cans. It seemed to thrive quite well in that environment...

Plus, aloe is the best for minor burns.:)

Remove ads