• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torrent shrugs. "I guess I'll keep the shroud, then."

You continue walking through the fire forest. Despite being fully healed by Torrent's wand, the heat makes it difficult to fell like you've truly recovered from the fight. The burning conflagration maybe contained off the elfroad, but it still sends powerful gusts of superheated air at you.

After several more miles of walking you see what looks like a stone bridge ahead with some sort of structure on it. You'll have to get closer to see it more clearly because of the ever present smoke. But before you can walk any farther, you hear loud cracking and popping sounds up ahead. Several trees on either side of the elfroad flare as explosions rip apart their trunks at the base. The trees fall across the road, blocking it right before the bridge.

The curtains of flame that lick meekly at the trees at the road’s edge suddenly flare, cinders bursting outward across you all. Behind you, you hear a sudden roaring noise, and looking back you see the road fifty feet away cut off by a furious wall of fire. The sides of the elfroad are quickly becoming hazardous as live flames reach out at you, and overhead the ash and cinders begin to swirl, coalescing into a searing spear. Then, with a thundercrack, the spear drives into the ground amid you all and explodes. Within the smoke appears a trio of miniature stags whose bodies burn like the inferno, with racks of antlers composed entirely of dancing fire. They paw at the ground, swing their fiery antlers, and prepare to attack, while the wall of fire at your back slowly moves toward you.

[sblock=OOC]Everyone roll initiative. If you beat an 11 (with an init modifier of +7) also post your action. With everyone going on no one is surprised. Torrent will go after the fiery stags.

Map is attached. Also attached is an overview of your current situation from the mod. Its' slightly more evocative than my spreadsheet map.

Hollister doesn't recognize the effect creating the wall of fire behind the party. He does recognize the three fiery stags as creatures composed of elemental fire. Game-mechanically they're medium fire elementals. Hollister can know any three bits of information about them.[/sblock]

Attachments

• IFFOIF2r0.GIF
    IFFOIF2r0.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IFFOIF2.JPG
    IFFOIF2.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 69

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir Round 1

"It's the stags from my dream! There here to hurt The Green Man!" Shaylir cries out. "Ugh they're so hot," she says rasing her sheild before her face and taking a wild swing at the creature she now can't even see.

[sblock=actions]
Move: none, but 5' step if I lose my flanking bonus (i.e. Hollister moves before me) as it is already figured into attack EDIT: he does go before Shaylir so she will move to flank with Lynn
Standard: Attack on the defensive 1d20 = 4 miss
Initative: 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 21/21
AC: 19 + 2 = 21 for attacking defensively
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +8(+9)

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1- Magic Stone, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds(1/2)- 1d8+3

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Light
1- Bless, Sanctuary, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): used
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 3/3

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Fire elementals," hisses Hollister, stepping quickly away from the living flames. "They are powerful in melee and can set you aflame, but are vulnerable to cold and your weapons should work normally against them. Ware your flesh Arshen, for your strikes will burn you too!"

With those words spoken, Hollister focuses on casting magics to protect himself from the flames.

AC16 (mage armor), HP 16/16

Initiative: 21
Move to O6, cast Resist Energy (fire) on self (duration 30 minutes)

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Grease, Magic Missile + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros quickly draws steel after sidestepping around one of the flaming stags, barking out "Stay close!" Followed by "Corellon protect us!" as he takes a sturdier stance and swings his longsword about, threatening the nearby stags but not striking very accurately. At least he seems to get the stags' attention, though. He can only hope that his wooden shield holds up to the fiery abuse likely coming his way.....

[sblock=ooc]Initiative 13, phew.
1d20+1=13

Granted maneuvers #2, 1, and 4, which is Crusader's Strike, Charging Minotaur, and Stone Bones, respectively.
5d5=14

5-foot step to P-7, flanking with Torrent, and draw my longsword (though I would've expect to draw it during the series of ominous things that happened before the stags dropped down among us, but either way......).

Active stance is Iron Guard's Glare (attack rolls against my allies take a -4 penalty as long as Liiros threatens the attacker in melee).

Initiate Stone Bones as a standard action, attacking F-3, the flaming stag that I just flanked with Torrent. But I got a horrible 12 total on my attack roll, so I more than likely missed and get no effect. 5 damage if the 12 somehow hits, in which case Liiros will have DR 5/adamantine for 1 round, but there's little doubt that the 12 will miss. -_-
1d20+8=12, 1d8+2=5

Liiros' Status:
HP 25 / 25
AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike, Stone Bones
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Vanguard Strike (5), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (4), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Class Features: Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1), Steely Resolve 5, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
Arshen steps into melee range of the closest stag, but hesitates a moment at Hollister's warning. Admittedly, once he feels the searing heat coming from the creatures, he is rather unsure just how wise it would be to attack one of them unarmed. He finds himself wishing he had brought a stout stick. Still, he can at least be useful in a defensive capacity. "Shaylir, Lytha, get behind me."

[sblock=OOC]Initiative: 1d20+2=15

Shift one square to M9

Total Defense for +4 AC.[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]HP: 26/26

AC: 19*, Touch 18*, Flat-footed 13
* - +1 vs. F1, +4 vs. attacks of opportunity provoked by movement

Speed: 40'
Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +6*
Will: +6**

*- Evasion
**- +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +4/+4 melee (1d6 +3, 20/x2)

Shuriken +4 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)
Shuriken +2/+2 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)

Abilities:
Stunning Fist 2/3 /day

Expendables:
685.4gp[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir swings at one of the stags but misses. She ducks behind her shield and steps to help Lytha flank.

Hollister steps back and uses his magic to protect himself from the stags and the forest. EDIT: When he reaches the edge of the road he's caught in the flames of the burning forest. (Ref save DC 15: 12, 5 fire damage.)

Liiros steps across from Torrent, draws his longsword and swings at a stag, barely missing.

Arshen steps up to one of the stags and defends himself.

The first stag gores Lytha (21) for 7 gore and 5 fire damage. The second gores Torrent. The third tries to gore Liiros but can't penetrate his armor.

Torrent draws her battleaxe and swings at the stag that attacked her {F2}. She connects for 6 damage. She draws her arms back quickly to keep them from catching aflame, then steps around the stag towards Lytha. "Hang on, Lytha."

Behind the party the wall of flames advances towards you.

[sblock=OOC]Now everyone can go.

I think Lytha dropped to negatives.

New map is attached.[/sblock]

Attachments

• IFFOIF2r1.gif
    IFFOIF2r1.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir Round 2

"Here," Shaylir says sliding her little dagger over to Arshen. "Use it I think I have something else that may work." She tries to keep her shield up as the fire stag before her lowers it's head.

She then steps back away from the fire stag and reaches down to touch the ground there, finding what she needs she begins casting another spell.

{{Areos vita areos!}}

The pebbles she found start to glow with a magical light, "Thank you Green Man," Shaylir says with a smile.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Creating new action :) Pass item: send an item to a player adjacent to you. AoO: Yes (I'm waiting on it that's why the shield is up LOL)
Standard: Casting Magic Stones
5' Step: To M6
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 21/21
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +8(+9)

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1- Magic Stone, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds(1/2)- 1d8+3

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Light
1- Bless, Sanctuary, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): used
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 3/3

[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

"Fight me, monsters!" Liiros declares, stepping in closer to the other fiery stags, then raising his longsword high and bringing it down on the one that just struck Lytha!

"Lord Corellon, restore this daughter of your glorious creation, we elves!" he prays, channeling a bit of Corellon's vitality into Lytha as his blade tears into the flaming stag. He glares around at the stags surrounding him and silently dares them to challenge him directly, keeping his sword ready to defend Lytha, Arshen, Torrent, and all the rest nearby.

[sblock=OOC]Taking a 5-foot step to O-8, flanking with both Arshen and Torrent. Initiate Crusader's Strike on whichever stag had hurt Lytha, directing the healing energy to Lytha if I hit successfully. Hopefully in this position my Iron Guard's Glare will help everyone avoid some attacks (as long as they stay close enough for Liiros to protect them, anyway).

I got an 18 to-hit, for 8 damage to the stag. Healing Lytha for 4 HP.
1d20+8=18, 1d8+2=8, 1d6+3=4

Granted maneuver #3, Mountain Hammer.
5d5=13

Liiros' Status:
HP 25 / 25
AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike*EXPENDED, Stone Bones*EXPENDED, Mountain's Hammer
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Vanguard Strike (5), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (4), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Class Features: Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1), Steely Resolve 5, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads