• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir bites back at commenting on how people seem to always butt into conversations too, thinking the stern faced warrior wouldn't take the rebuke well.

Well Mr. Serious Uppty Pants, you killed his doggie it was no wonder it tried to chop you to bits, she thinks to herself. If someone were to hurt Fritz I'd make sure they got theirs.

To the group it looks as if Shaylir took the monks command for silence to heart, not knowing that the little halfling was already plotting to find some itch oak next time they were in a real forest.

[sblock=OOC] NP Antithetist (any way to shorten that? I am all about shortening names, :p) So Shaylir and the monk get off on the wrong foot always has to be a pair in a group. Now the question is how do we keep score. :devil: [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"You certainly stood between everyone and the devil," Torrent says to Arshen. "And you got beat up pretty bad, which is why Shaylir healed you. You know, with those spells the Green Man gives her. I thought you Cuthbertites were all about community and common sense. It seems common sense to me to not antagonize someone who saved you life, and instead try to work together. Hmmm ..."

The party continues on along the elfroad. Torrent quickly becomes lost in thought, ignoring the party's conversations. "Hey, Liiros, can I see that shroud we found around the dead man in the cave of dreams?" Taking the shroud, Torrent begins looking at it closely. Still distracted, she begins closing her eyes in concentration every minute or two.

Finally she says, "Okay, I think I have this thing figured out. First, I don't know if any of you have heard of of phylactery of faithfulness. It's an enchanted phylactery that lets you know if you're going to do something against your religion or morals. Anyway, this shroud does that all the time.

"Second, I think the note the dead man was holding was the command phrase for the shroud's other power. It can infuse a weapon with a particular alignment - good, evil, law, or chaos. At least I think so. I think it can only do it once a day, so I don't want to use it up. Hollister, I'm assuming making a weapon good will help it hurt that green monster. Well, assuming he does come back again. And that he wants to fight us, I guess."

"So, who wants to carry this thing?"

Antithetist

First Post
Arshen lapses into a blank-faced and sullen silence, feeling that Torrent's remarks were wholly unjustified and out of place. Antagonise? He had only tried to offer some helpful instruction, and now not only was Shaylir flinging insults at him, but Torrent was joining in with her own condemnation. He had taken grievious wounds protecting the group, and Shaylir had done her part by keeping him on his feet; now they expect him to condone her pagan and - quite possibly - evil religious beliefs, simply because she had performed passably well in a fight? He would at least have expected a priest like Torrent to understand his instincts to doctrinal instruction, but instead she adds insult to injury by presuming to understand Cuthbertite dogma better than he. He finds himself speechless in the face of such unprovoked insolence.

[sblock=OOC]Summary version - Arshen is sulking. He's not interested in carrying the Shroud.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Darn you can't edit experience and with my bad typing I guess no one else is getting any ever. LOL Maybe a different approach is need Antithetist, after his sulk maybe a little instruction in proper religious practice? :) Shaylir has no ranks religion which is very odd for a cleric it would be fun to play out her learning to be a better priestess.

HM[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

"Arshen, Shaylir, squabbling does us no good. Like it or not, our survival in this place is dependent on one another, and what gifts our gods see fit to provide. The Knights of the Aquilline Cross exist to protect all from the depredations of evil. Protecting this group is our duty, Arshen. Torrent......it may be best for you to carry the shroud for now, so you can help more directly if the fiend returns. Corellon's gifts and this silver blade seem to suffice for me. Now let's keep marching, and hopefully we won't need to camp here overnight....." Liiros says, trying to sound positive as he usually would, if not for the recent circumstances souring his mood.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir stops dead still, "Camp? Here?" she says voice quiet and eyes looking all around at the small fires of the forest, and the smouldering ground all around.

"You have got to be jesting." she says to the stern faced... "ok so you are not, lets hurry then everyone." Taking her own words to heart she picks up her pace to stay with the group.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"It's at least two days to get through the fire forest," Torrent says absently. "I planned for a little more than that. It didn't seem like a big deal back then."

Rhun

First Post
"If I remember the correct passages from Shoon's Bestiary of the Outer Planes," says Hollsiter to Torrent, "Then Liiros' silvered blade is a threat to the bearded devil. If that phylactery can infuse a weapon with an aura of good, that aura being diametrically opposite of evil, it should work well in harming the devil and his minions as well." The fire mage strokes his goatee as he ponders. "Since Liiros is already well-equipped to fight our foe, I suggest the phylactery goes to our second best warrior..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"..Arshen!" Shaylir pipes in quickly. "Because of the way he handled that fire puppy. Pow, Bam, Smack." She continues while throwing punches at an imaginary foe.

Arkhandus

First Post
"......I think Torrent would be better-suited to use it. Arshen has already refused, and we cannot be certain it would function on his bare hands. If we truly have a two-day march ahead of us......we will likely need to rest for at least a few hours tonight, despite the horrible conditions here. Shaylir and Arshen may not be fatigued, but the rest of us have been busy at this task for roughly two days with little rest. We do not want to be sluggish and weak when the next attack comes," Liiros replies, still marching.

Remove ads