pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir doesn't know what to believe, although the creature doesn't seem evil now, it had attack the group earlier. And she knows every creature doesn't change overnight, so stepping forward she says to the bearded little fiend.

"Just go away. You tried to steal from us, and you and your dog also tried to kill us. We wanted nothing to do with the likes of you so just shoo," she says moving her little hand in a shooing motion. "We have important things to do and no time to waste with you, shoo. Shoo I say!" Her hand continues to move as if it alone will push the evil man away.

From behind her Fritiz gets the point of his master's actions and starts yipping at the devil.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Your feelings of anger are completely understandable. To be honest, I'm a little surprised you haven't attacked me yet. But to put these moments of relative calm to good use, to the point: if the Fire Forest is no longer on fire then it is simply a forest. If it is simply a forest then the bulk of my current agreement is moot, including the component where I must obtain certain items from you before you exit the Fire Forest.

"And you win, too. As I mentioned, I'm sure these environs are not pleasant for you. This everburning fire is maintained by the singing of a village of seela, a type of fey. When they started singing forty years ago their intentions were pure, but the flames that their singing sustained twisted them. Now they suffer constantly, surrounded by the destruction they cause. They are mad, wicked and twisted. Were there any other way to save them I would suggest it, but now they must be put out of their misery.

"Go to the village. Kill the poor seela there who are trapped in a nightmare of their own creation. The flames will fade away in a day or two. The seela village surrounds a lake that will keep you safe from the flames as they die. We can make a copy of the scroll case contents that you carry when the flames are truly dead, and then we go our separate ways.

"From your direction, I'm guessing you're on your way to the seela village already. For their sakes, grant the poor creatures release when you arrive."

Rhun

First Post
Hollister raises his crossbow, ready to fire should his companions deem it prudent to attack the devil.

AC: 16, HP: 21/21
Cast Mage Armor, duration 3 hours

[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spells per Day
- Level 0: 4+1
- Level 1: 4+1
- Level 2: 4+1

Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light, Mage Hand + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor x2, Magic Missile, Grease + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Glitterdust x2, Knock + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I think you best get out of here, you meanie. I don't know if I can hold the big guy off much longer." Shaylir says drawing her little dagger. "And I'm not to sure if I really want to."

Grrrr is all Fritiz has to say.

[sblock=OOC] Bluff check since she is not really the violent type. [/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“You are not telling us everything, and besides, we do not want your masters to gain what you are tasked to deliver. If quenching the flames will help you get out of your contract, then do not stand in our way.”

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The monster shakes his head. "Well, at least we'll get partway there. We'll talk again, I'm sure." He disappears in a blossom of flame.

"Osprem deliver us from these absurdities," Torrent says. "I didn't think this would be easy, but I figured we'd hustle through the Fire Forest and just spend a lot of time camping and walking. I'm worried I'm agreeing with a Curthbertite, but you're right, Arshen. Let's get the spray out of here."

You continue walking. Soon you can see the bridge over the White River with the guardtower on it where you spent a night. Wisps of song emerge from the ever-present roar of the forest fire around you. Sung in a mournful minor key, but with a discordant trace of hope in the voice, the aural melody sounds like something from the swallowing depths of an endless dream. For a moment you think you see images of tragedy and history at the edge of your vision, but then your attention snaps back to the real world as you realize the song is real, and its singer close.

Visibility is decreased from being in a raging forest fire, but you think you see someone moving around at the base of the bridge on the elf village bank of the river.

[sblock=ooc]Spot checks and actions, if you please. Feel free to use the ENWorld die roller.

In Torrent's comment about "getting the spray out of here, it's obvious that "spray" is an expletive.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shaylir returns to walking with the others and wonders at the devils words. Before reaching the bridge she asks everyone.

"We really won't have to kill anyone? Will we?" she looks geniunely upset at the thoughts. "I mean that is what ol' ugly would do but we... we aren't..." she pauses a few moments. "We will find a better way than killing the seela at this villiage right?"

Later as the group gets closer to the bridge she seems over joyed that perhaps someone else is here in the fire forest. She cast about to see if she can find the singer...

[sblock=OOC] No ready actions Shaylir will skip along till she spots something. btw Thanks for "get the spray out of here" I am having trouble with what terms to use for my Torrent. I have called someone barnacle breath and made refrence to old sea dogs, but not much else. Update: players currently talking to archon and elf spy is getting away. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, Elven Crusader

Liiros would spit, but he doesn't want to waste any moisture in this environment. Instead he says "Don't worry Arshen, you'll get your wish if that monster dares show its face before us again. He offered us some shreds of information, and while any amount of it could be nothing more than cruel lies, at least now we have some idea of what he knows and what he intends. I have no intention of treating with such a creature, let alone giving it what it wants. I will not stay my hand when next he shows himself. Right now, let's focus on the task ahead of us first, then we can dispatch the fiend."

On the way towards the village, Liiros responds to Shaylir with "Hopefully not. But if what Indomitability said is true, and if the fiend's words hold an ounce of truth, we just might have to slay whatever is sustaining the Fire Forest's burning curse. If we can convince them to end it without a fight, all the better. But we will do what we must to complete our mission. Many people may well be depending on us."

OOC: Spot 8
1d20+2=8

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Only if we must, I agree with that,” Lytha says, as her eyes pick out the movement ahead. “Isn't there someone moving near the village?”

Remove ads