pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, Crusader of Corellon Larethian

Looking to Arshen for a moment, Liiros replies "My power is Corellon's power. It is by His grace that I live and it is by His grace that I am anything more than a common swordsman. See that my wounds have already mended by Corellon's grace. I will proclaim His glory to the world as much as I like."

As he says this, he wipes the blood from his blade by using the wing and clothes of one of the fallen enemies, then sheathes his sword and unstraps his shield, slinging it over his shoulder. Then he walks over to the tower behind Shaylir and the rest, looking around for any other potential threats that may approach or return.

"Greetings, seela Tiljann. I am Liiros Tivaniel from Shahalesti, a Squire in the Knights of the Aquilline Cross," he says in the Sylvan tongue, executing a formal elven bow. "May I ask why those armed men were chasing you, and why you expected that we would save you? They ignored our attempt at diplomacy and said they would kill us, though we have never met them or anyone else of your kind before. We seek a way out of Innenotdar, to continue our own quest, and we would like to help the forest if we could. What little information we have indicates that we must find the seela, and entreat them to end whatever magic supports the endless burning curse of Innenotdar. The Fire Forest must be freed of these flames before anyone here can be free and safe, ourselves included."

[sblock=ooc]Taking 10 on Diplomacy for an 18. If anyone else would 'aid another' to boost my check up to 20, it would be appreciated.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Looking to Arshen for a moment, Liiros replies "My power is Corellon's power. It is by His grace that I live and it is by His grace that I am anything more than a common swordsman. See that my wounds have already mended by Corellon's grace. I will proclaim His glory to the world as much as I like."

Arshen holds the elf's eye for a moment before spitting demonstratively on the floor and turning away. "Proclaim what thou wilt concerning thy flowery elf-god. That is of no interest to me - but never again presume to insult my skills."

He stands apart as the others question the seela, watching her keenly for any sign of deception.

I came up here looking for ... something beautiful.

Arshen rolls his eyes. Typical. Some feckless woodland creature goes wandering after a shiny bauble and we find ourselves dragged into lethal combat.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“I'm sorry, Tiljann. I tried to reason with them, but the taint was too strong already, it seems.”

OOC: Oops, looks like I missed one round... thanks for taking control of Lytha in the meantime. :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Arshen holds the elf's eye for a moment before spitting demonstratively on the floor and turning away. "Proclaim what thou wilt concerning thy flowery elf-god. That is of no interest to me - but never again presume to insult my skills."
"Eh? Question your skills? Did you not see me addressing the winged creature as I hewed into his flesh? My words were directed at HIM. Are humans always so quick to think the worst?" Liiros responds to Arshen with a quizzical look, before heading towards the seela.

[sblock=Arshen]Does Arshen understand the Sylvan tongue? Because that's what Liiros was speaking, if you check my earlier post, when taunting the winged guy. Liiros is also using Sylvan in his questioning of Tiljann.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why would they want to stop you from finding something beautiful?" Shaylir asks as she finishes stabilizing the seela male. "He is just lucky I like helping people or... or... Will I don't know since I do like helping, when I can." She stands up and dusts off her pants legs.

"Hey didn't the little ugly man say something about seela?" she asks of everyone.

_

Antithetist

First Post
"Indeed, he told us to kill them all," Arshen puts in. "Which at this point is the only reason why I do not think we should."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
*gasp*

"Arshen NO!" Shaylir shouts overly loud for her small frame. "That is what he would do but we can find another way... I hope."

_

Rhun

First Post
"We need to discover the truth of what is going on here," says Hollister, very matter of factly. "If those Seela have somehow become corrupted, and the death of such tainted beings will free this forest, and us, of the fire burning here, then we must surely consider that option."

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Well, I certainly appreciate your help," Tiljann says. "The seela who attacked me wanted the Song of Forms to end. I guess they knew I was onto something. Uh, I should probably explain."

"Seela sing. It's our Nature. We sing of the forest, we sing to celebrate and to mourn. We sing to work our fey magic and to play. About fifty years ago, before the indomitable fire started, the seela in my village detected a ... disturbance in the forest, like a malign presence. In response the village sang the Song of Forms to give it, uh, form. It became a huge stag made of flames. It was too powerful for us to fight, so we asked the elf-hero Anyariel to protect us. She drove the stag into the lake next to our village and pinned it to the lake bed with her sword of wood. Anyariel died, but the monster did not.

"Ever since then my village has sung the Song of Forms to keep the stag pinned to the bottom of the lake. We fear that if we stop singing it will escape kill everyone in the village. Someone else in my village, a seela named Vuhl, told me he found something in this elven village that gave him hope there was a better way. He didn't say what it was, so I came looking for it. Then those seela attacked me.

"You saved me from seela who wanted to stop the song. You must be what I was looking for. My village is around the lake the White River empties into, and in the lake is the stag of flames. Follow me and I'll take you there."

Last edited:

Remove ads