pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel, elven crusader

"Very well," Liiros responds, "If this 'Vuhl' person may know an alternative, we must speak with him first. The fire must be stopped, and the stag destroyed or released. Even if it is released, someone will find a way to vanquish or banish it, I am sure. Shahalesti has some very capable and wise mages, and I am sure there are others in other lands. But something must first be done here in the forest."

He repeats his words in Common speech for the rest of the group to understand.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A flaming stag!," Shaylir says excitedly. "Just like in my dream and you all were in it too, you destroied the stag, and saved The Green Man!" she finishes grinning.

"And you will save the seela as well, I just know you will." she says deep devotion in her voice. "Come on Fritz let's get ready to go."

[sblock=OOC] Was her whole conversation in Sylvan above or did Liiros just respond in Sylvan being gentlemanly? I wanted to respond to the whole there's a stag of fire at the bottom of a lake held there by a wooden sword?? HUH?? :erm: [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=OOC]If Tiljann did use Sylvan speech, Liiros will translate her words into Common for the others. He's aware that the humans and maybe the halfling might not have learned the tongue of forest-creatures, though it's not uncommon for elves like him to learn it.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister raises an eyebrow, keenly interested in this fire stag. He hadn't considered the existence of such an entity, but it held interesting possibilities for his study of fire.

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“At the very least, we are making some progress. I'm not quite sure how everything here is going to come together, but hopefully we will find a solution, that will end this whole fire problem,” Lytha says, ready to follow the seela.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tiljann nods to Lytha. "I knew you were what I was looking for. Let's go."

Tiljann sings as you walk along the heat-widened banks of the White River. Her songs are inspirational. Their subjects are adventure, daring, love, battle, and victory. "It's nice to be moving in the right direction," Torrent says. "Sometimes I feel like we're moving through molasses. Now I'm directed. Purposeful."

Night falls before you reach the seela village. Tiljann's obviously unprepared for spending a night on the road. She has no bedroll and only her leftovers from lunch to eat for dinner. She barely seems to notice. When everyone lies down to sleep she sings a quiet lullaby that makes everyone sleepy, even those of you who don't normally sleep.

The next morning Tiljann hums something while she helps break camp that has everyone antsy to get moving. After a couple of hours of walking the shores of the river widen, and the banks slowly rise until they are ten feet or higher. Fires still crackle with resilient fire atop the cliffs at these distant banks, but this wide area is free from flame. The everpresent ash is thinner here, and you can see the gray surface of a murky lake a mile ahead, seeming to stretch away for miles more. You realize that where you walk was once part of the lakebed, which must have been burning away slowly for many years. The heat here is weaker, but still sweltering without magical protection.

From down the river and around a distant cliff, a haunting chorus pierces the sounds of the inferno. There is magic in the air, and its song is like a dirge. The flames of the trees dim as it swells, but the voices singing it are weary, and the fire seems unquenchable.

Hollister, you think you feel a tug from your ring of fire resistance towards the center of the lake. The tug is so imperceptible that you might just be imagining it.

[sblock=OOC]Tiljann speaks common once she hears the party speaking it.

Sorry for the long delay. It was a busy weekend followed by the new Wheel of Time book coming out.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Before bed Shaylir could heal those wounded do you want to roll that out or have everyone at max HP the next day? She has 6 cure light wounds and 4 Vows of Healing she can use. Was looking for spells to fight a Fire Stag and thought I would ask first. [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Hollister spends a few minutes gazing out over the lake's waters, wondering what actually lies beneath the surface. He turns his head back to the distant cliff, realizing that they must be fairly close to the Seela village now. Figuring that battle must be close as well he chants an incantation, summoning arcane forces to cloak him in invisible armor.

OOC: Cast mage armor

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
[sblock=Everyone's healed]Between Shaylir and Torrent, everyone's fully healed by the next morning.

Also, I may not have Internet access for the next week. See OOC thread for details.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
In the morning Shaylir soends extra time praying to The Green Man. When the group starts again down the riverbed towards the village she seems excited.

"What was that you said about singing this song to keep the stag 'pinned' to the lake bottom I thought it was a wooden sword that was pinning it?" she asked a little confused.

Fritz lops along the now dried up river bed every once in a while finding a dead fish long decomposed lying in the dried mud. He turns his nose up at everyone of them, secertly hoping to find a live one.

[sblock=OOC] Saw my question from the OOC answered here, so no need to answer it again sorry. I am ready spells picked and have a great week see you when you get back pneumatik [/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
HP: 26/26
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +5
Will: +8(+9)

Sling = +7 to hit, (+3 dex, +2 BAB, +1 size, +1 morale, +1 item, -1 stone); 1d2 dmg; range: 50'

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Shillelagh, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4
2- Resist Energy, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic
1- Bless, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]