• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Away! Away with you! Away from me! Leave me alone, alone ... alone ... alone ... Anyariel, why did you go? Why does she compound my agony? Why does she still hate? Why did she make the sacrifice? Gwenvere, Gwenvere, the Nine Hells take you! It was you, and now you return to taunt me. Why, why, why, why ... Go away! Go away!"

The two burning dire boar advance on the party. They're close to forcing you back down the stairs.

"Uh, guys," Torrent says, "anyone got a plan, or are we just waiting for the flaming pigs to fall down the stairs on top of us?"

Rhun

First Post
Hollister steps back, putting Liiros between himself and the advancing dire boars. The mage had already nearly died once in this forest...he wasn't about to put himself in that situation again. "Call off your guardians," he shouts at the dryad. "Or we shall be forced to defend ourselves."

Calling the words of a spell to mind, Hollister prepares a spell that will blind the boars if the animals make any threatening moves.

AC: 16, HP: 21/21
Mage Armor in effect, at least for the next little bit. :)

Ready Action: Cast Glitterdust on boars if they attack.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]Spells per Day
- Level 0: 4+1
- Level 1: 4+1
- Level 2: 4+1

Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light, Mage Hand + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor x2, Magic Missile, Grease + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Glitterdust x2, Knock + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"I think she has been driven mad.........speaking with her seems pointless, and overly dangerous. We should leave and find our own solution to Innenotdar's curse," Liiros answers, keeping a wary eye on the advancing, flaming boars. He backs up slowly and gestures for the others to leave as well.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
[sblock=Fight or Flight]So you can fight or you can flee. Liiros wants to flee and Hollister wants to fight. What do the rest of you want to do?[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“I agree with Liiros, there is no point in pressing this further. We should avoid the unnecessary bloodshed,” Lytha says, backing off a few steps already.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"But..." Shaylir says standing next to the elven warrior. "We need to help her. She sounds so sad."

"Please! Mistress Dryad, please listen!" Shaylir yells. "We are here to help! We want to stop all the burning and dying, we do! Lirros is a powerful knight! Hollister is a mighty wizard! The Green Man showed me a dream about them, about all of them! And in the dream they saved The Green Man and killed a horrible fire stag!"

Shaylir goes silent and listens for a responds from the grieving dryad.

[sblock=OOC] Drat! diceroller is cold after my long hiatus. :p [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
"Yes! Get back. Back! Back, back, back ... bring her back, bring her back. Why does she hate me so? We all burn, Gwenvere, why? Flames, fire, burning, burning. Bring her to me! Bring her to me, and I will help you with Anyariel. Sweet Anyariel. Sweet release. Sweet ..."

You travel back to the seela village and leave the burning dryad behind for now. Tiljann finds you when you return. "How'd it go? Everything's still on fire, but did you learn anything? Can I help you now? I want to help, I'm just not good at fighting."

Rhun

First Post
"We don't need help with the fighting," says Hollister. "But as my small companion here has pointed out, we certainly need more information. The dryad mentioned someone named Gwenvere, and it seems to be important."

Remove ads