pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

"If you understand my words, hound, I ask you to step aside now and allow us to pass. We will leave your territory without tarrying, nor taking anything, nor harming you, but we must pass this bridge and continue on down the road. If you do not obstruct our path, then you can go on about your business uninterrupted. But certainly you see our superior numbers and armament, so you must also see the wisdom in avoiding conflict with our party. If not, then I am not responsible if you find yourself in dire straits. Assuming you can even understand me," Liiros says loudly, facing the fiery hound. He shoulders the composite bow as he speaks, but places a hand at the hilt of his sword in case he needs to draw it soon. Despite trying to be reasonable in case the creature is intelligent, the elf fails to sound diplomatic, and instead sounds threatening and disdainful of the fiery beast. The Fire Forest must be getting to him.

The elven squire waits a few seconds before resuming his march towards the bridge's terminus, and thus the fiery hound.

[sblock=OOC]If I can ready an action, it's to draw my longsword if the hound moves to within 15 feet of Liiros or approaches him after Liiros has gotten that close. Diplomacy check of 8, just in case it understands Common. Curse my luck!
1d20+5=8
.........naturally, on the comparatively-less-important Initiative roll, I got a total of 20 if this turns into a fight after Liiros' horrible Diplomacy attempt.
1d20+1=20 [/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The dog creature opens its mouth and drops the thigh bone to the ground before backing up. It cocks its head to the side in response to Liiros' question. Then, as the Liiors begins advancing again is moves back over towards the side of the road. When Liiros finishes crossing the bridge the thigh bone is only five feet ahead of him on the ground. The fiery dog is ten feet further back and standing at the side of the road. It's looking at Liiros calmly, as if it expects the party to share the road with it.

"Man, this place is weird," Torrent says.

[sblock=Hollister]Hollister recognizes the creature as an outsider, specifically a Hell Hound (Know: Planes DC 10+HD; result=21). Feel free to pick what two "useful bits of information" you want to know about it. Or just look them up yourself if you want.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros continues marching onto the road and then continuing along it, hand still resting on the hilt of his sword should he need to draw it.....

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Either he actually understands, or he instinctively backs away from our superior numbers. Whatever it is, I'm glad we can move on without interruption,” Lytha says, as she moves over the bridge after Liiros.

As a friendly guesture, she nods towards the hound, saying “Thank you!”

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The dog creature stays quietly to the side of the road. It stares intensely at you as you walk past, as if taking stock of you.

As you walk past the thigh bone lying on the ground you notice it's been carved with what look like letters in common. It's hard to read what it might say without picking it up.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir picks up the bone and reads the words carved into it. "Leave the pages from inside the case. Cooperate, and we might find an arrangement to spare your lives. Carry this with you if you wish to bargain," it says.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hollister keeps his eye on the hound as Shaylir picks up the bone to read it. He moves a bit away from the others, though he makes sure to keep the bulk of the group between himself and the others. "Be careful. I believe that beast is a Hell Hound, and outsider from one of the lower planes. It is said that they can breath fire, so you way want to spread out a bit. And they are completely immune to flames and heat."

As he hears Shaylir's words he can only shake his head. "Are our enemies everywhere?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What does it mean by 'Leave the pages'? We leave any pages here they would be burnt to a crisp in seconds." Shaylir says taking a step back from the hell hound and keeping an eye on it's mouth.

Last edited:

Remove ads