pneumatik's WotBS 2 - The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Oh that looks like it hurt! Come on Fritz we need to help him." Shaylir says running up behind the injured monk.

{{Haillan ne'ta Gihull}} she says laying a hand on the monks uninjured leg. A quick flash of blue-green light escapes her hand engulfing the warrior and healing his other leg.

[sblock=actions]
Move: move to U8
Standard: Cure light wounds (druid) = 1d8+3 = 10
Free: recall with pearl of power?? from the reading in the DMG you need not use the pearl right away is that right?? you could wait all day and then use it?? it was meant to give me an extra heal so I will use it now if it is a free action.

Fritz is your call Shaylir has no ranks in handle animal and Fritz only has the one trick. Shaylir really uses her speak with animals ability to talk/train with Fritz. [/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 21/21
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +8(+9)

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1- Magic Stone, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds(1/2)- 1d8+3

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Light
1- Bless, Sanctuary, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): used
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: ??/??

need to know how VoH works is it based off character lvl??[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=SHAYLIR]Activating a Pearl of Power is a standard action with a command word. The default for activating magic items is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and the same is true of command word activation (the Pearl of Power says it works "on command", thus a command word). You can activate the Pearl at any time you have a standard action to spare, it doesn't have to be immediately after the spell (unless the DM interpretes the text that way, of course).[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha moves across to the other side now, trying to get a clear view on the hound. From there, she conjures a ray of freezing cold and sends it into the creature's direction, but her aim is off, and so the attack fails to hit.

OOC: Move into 'T' column on the other side (3 squares below Arshen); Energy Ray (cold) on the Hell Hound (miss).

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
[sblock=Shaylir]Vow of Healing works off character level. I've been trying too find the passage in the PHB that says whether "level" defaults to character level or class level, but I think it's character. It's possible to be able to magically heal without any class levels, so I'm assuming at least in this case we should use character level.

Arkhandus is right about pearls of power.

How did you heal 1d8+3 with your druid CLW? You're a second level druid, so it should be 1d8+2.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Arshen gives only a stoic grunt of pain as the beast mangles his leg, and an equally stoic nod of thanks as Shaylir works her healing magic on him. All his attention is focused on the canine adversary in front of him, keeping track of each small shift in its balance and momentum, guarding against further attacks even as he watches intensely for a weak point. He sees his opprtunity and strikes swiftly with the edge of his palm, aiming a crushing blow at the hound's neck vertebrae.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]Free Action: Designate the Hellhound as Dodge target. Arshen now gets +1 AC against its attacks.

Standard Action: Stunning Fist on the Hellhound. 1d20+6=18, damage if that hits is 1d6+3=8, and on a hit it forces a DC 13 Fort save or else stuns for a turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for NPCing Arshen during my absence! And rolling much better than I likely would have. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Quick Stats]HP: 21(?) /26

AC: 15*, Touch 14*, Flat-footed 13
* - +1 vs. {HH}, +4 vs. attacks of opportunity provoked by movement

Speed: 40'

Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +6*
Will: +6**

*- Evasion
**- +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike +6 melee (1d6+3, 20/x2)
Unarmed Strike +4/+4 melee (1d6 +3, 20/x2)

Shuriken +4 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)
Shuriken +2/+2 ranged (1d2+3, 20/x2)

Abilities:
Stunning Fist 2/3 /day

Expendables:
685.4gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hollister Avendri, fire mage

Not liking the way the creature is concentration and assuming a spell is being cast, Hollister does the only thing he can and attempts to distract the devil. With a swift gesture and arcane word, two small dots of streaking blue-white energy leave the wizard's hand, striking the outsider square in the chest...

AC: 16 (mage armor), Hit Points 16/16

Initiative: 08

Cast magic missile, damage 8 points

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
Spells Prepared
- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Grease, Magic Missile + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere + (d) Scorching Ray[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir moves up to Arshen and heals his injured leg.

Lytha moves forward to get a clear shot. Then he shoots a bolt of cold energy at the hell hound but the shot goes wide.

Arshen strikes the hell hound in the neck. A bone snaps and the creature drops to the ground dead.

Hollister launches two magical bolts at the devil, striking it in the chest. He seems surprised bolts reached him, and his concentration wavers, but holds (concentration check: 18).

Torrent finishes casting her spell. She touches Liiros and he grows to double his size. Then she draws he crossbow, snaps in a bolt, and shoots at the concentrating devil. She must have loaded the crossbow too hastily, though, because the bolt goes spinning away and lands a few feet away (attack: 2).

The focus of the devil's concentration becomes obvious when five disgusting slimy creatures rise up from the ash on the road. They're only vaguely humanoid, looking more like giant sacs of some organic fluid with misshapen faces {L1-L5}. The bearded devil points at the party, and the five slimy creatures ooze towards you.

The bearded devil then snarls angrily. He disappears in another blossom of fire only to reappear in another next to the body of the dead hell hound. With his glaive he menaces Lytha and Arshen. "It's on now!" he shouts.

[sblock=OOC]That should be everyone. Now everyone goes again.

It's obvious to Hollister that the bearded devil has some sort of spell resistance.[/sblock]

Attachments

• IFF fight rnd 2.pdf
    16.8 KB · Views: 85

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 3?

Shaylir shudders at the sound of the hellhound dying, her face as sad as if it had been a kitten. "Aww poor little..." she starts to say as the beared fiend appears before the group.

"Go away icky man," she says stepping away. {{Deveraxs}} she says in the language of magic reaching out to touch Arshen once more. "Make him go away!" she shouts to the others.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Was in U8 (map shows U7) but I want to go to U7 so it is all good :)
Standard: Cast Guidance on Arshen (I do believe Shaylir goes before him)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 21/21
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +7
Reflex: +4
Will: +8(+9)

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water, Guidance, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1- Magic Stone, Stand the Heat, Cure Light Wounds(1/2)- 1d8+3

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Light
1- Bless, Sanctuary, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+2

Pearl of power (1st lvl): not used
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 3/3

[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros frowns as the fiend disappears and then reappears by Arshen, as several slimy creatures are summoned on the party's other flank. With annoyance evident in his voice, the elven squire calls out "Hold fast until I can back you up, Arshen! Torrent, back me up on the frontline!"

The now-ogre-sized elf rushes forward, dropping his bow and unsheathing the silvered short sword obtained from an earlier victory. With an elvish warcry, he stabs into one of the slime creatures! As the blade drives home, Liiros draws strength up from the earth beneath his feet, and his flesh momentarily takes on a metallic sheen.
[sblock=ooc]Dropping my composite longbow as a free action. Move 1 square up and 3 squares to the right, towards the slimy creatures. Draw my silvered short sword, taken from one of the earlier encounters in Gate Pass (I can't remember which battle; I don't know if it's masterwork quality or not, so add +1 to my attack roll if it is masterwork), as part of the move action. Then attack the middle slimy creature, since Enlarge Person provides me with 10 feet of reach. Initiating Stone Bones as my attack.

1d20+4=18, 1d8+2=8
Rolled 19 for my attack roll (the extra +1 BAB for 3rd-level wasn't included in the original roll), for 8 damage. On a successful hit, I gain Damage Reduction 5/adamantine for 1 round.

New granted maneuver is Charging Minotaur.
5d5=10

Liiros' Status (finally updated for 3rd-level):
Enlarge Person active
HP 25 / 25
AC 15 Enlarged and without shield equipped
Active Stance: Martial Spirit
Granted Maneuvers: Charging Minotaur, Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer, Stone Bones
Ready Maneuvers: Crusader's Strike (2), Vanguard Strike (5), Charging Minotaur (1), Stone Bones (4), Mountain Hammer (3)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

Lytha moves away from the devil's dangerously-looking weapon, carefully avoiding its blade, and moves back towards the middle of the group.

OOC: Withdraw (leaving the 1st square does not provoke an AoO) to the right (into column Z).

Remove ads