D&D 1E PoD Reprints

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I saw a used softcover reprint Fiend Folio for sale at Half Price Books this week.

They were asking $30 for it! 🤣
(DM’s Guild is selling ‘em new for $9.99.)
At Lucca Comics and Games 2022 a store was selling POD copies of Temple of Elemental Evil at a price far greater than what it costed to have it printed and delivered at home by Drivethru (including customs fee from the UK).

Simon Miles

Creator of the World of Barnaynia FRPG setting
At Lucca Comics and Games 2022 a store was selling POD copies of Temple of Elemental Evil at a price far greater than what it costed to have it printed and delivered at home by Drivethru (including customs fee from the UK).
I guess small stores have to try and claw back some sales somehow. It must be VERY difficult to turn a profit in the current market. My local independent store (Spirit Games in Burton on Trent in the UK) is a 40 minutes drive; it's a PROPER old games shop that has multiple rooms like an Aladdin's cave; board games, RPGs and wargames. Gorgeous. The staff are great too. But, with a young family, it's difficult to make the time to visit.

Riley

Legend
My local independent store (Spirit Games in Burton on Trent in the UK) is a 40 minutes drive; it's a PROPER old games shop that has multiple rooms like an Aladdin's cave; board games, RPGs and wargames. Gorgeous. The staff are great too. But, with a young family, it's difficult to make the time to visit.

So true. I so miss having a great local FLGS. I’m lucky if I can get to one once a year these days.

Zardnaar

Legend
Assuming you’re asking for real - we’re talking about the Print on Demand options for the AD&D 1e rulebooks.

We do
Nt have cheap
PoD options and postage from the states is around $30
USD.

One place gave me 80 (0.48usd) cents per page in full colour.

So it's just cheaper to pay full retail prices. No cheap Amazon either.

Remove ads