Pogre's 2022 Miniatures and Models Thread - Today's Gaming set-up - A Classic D&D Adventure Site!

MGibster

Legend
My latest Imperial Knight is a Castellan model. I've pretty much got a whole army now and don't really need to make any additional purchases. I'll be getting a bonus this year so I might buy a Forge World knight model. But it's not like I need it.

Castellan.JPG

pogre

Legend
Just a trio of models this time.

First up is an old school GW orc.
2022_02_05_minis_oldgworc.jpeg

Next is an interesting model - hopefully the inspiration for a D&D adventure or at least an encounter. Not sure if she will be an ally or enemy. I am calling her Queen of the Sea for now.
2022_02_05_minis_seaqueen.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_seaqueenb.jpeg

Finally a character model my son Keegan sculpted and painted. The PC is a lizardman druid.
2022_02_05_minis_zuldemoc.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_zuldemocb.jpeg

2022_02_05_minis_zuldemocc.jpeg

I am particularly fond of the jaguar print he painted.

Keep crafting and painting!

Richards

Legend
I find myself intrigued as to why the Queen of the Sea has a ring of suckers on her stomach, of all places. Is this the undersea equivalent to wearing a fanny pack?

Johnathan

MGibster

Legend
And my latest project has been an Adult White Dragon from Wiz Kids. But since white is a tough color to paint I said, "To hell with that!" and went with red instead. I was inspired by a YouTube tutorial by Dana Howl who painted a dragon using the new Speed Paints from Army Painter. I don't have any of those so I used Citadel contrast paints with my airbrush and followed that up with some detail work with a regular brush. I'm not sure how I feel about the purple claws but overall I'm happy with the finished product.

Red_Dragon_1.JPG

Red_Dragon_2.JPG

pogre

Legend
And my latest project has been an Adult White Dragon from Wiz Kids. But since white is a tough color to paint I said, "To hell with that!" and went with red instead. I was inspired by a YouTube tutorial by Dana Howl who painted a dragon using the new Speed Paints from Army Painter. I don't have any of those so I used Citadel contrast paints with my airbrush and followed that up with some detail work with a regular brush. I'm not sure how I feel about the purple claws but overall I'm happy with the finished product.

View attachment 151795

View attachment 151796
This is fantastic. I have to find way to get my air brush area going again!

I agree on the purple claws. That color choice is my least favorite part of the piece. but that is a very minor nitpick. I love this dragon!

pogre

Legend
It was all hands on deck to get ready for the gaming session this Sunday. I took an old Reaper Bones Rauthuros Demon that I had lost the head to and converted it into a 4-armed gargoyle.
2022_04_4_armed_gargoyle.jpeg

I also painted a regular Reaper gargoyle:
2022_05_gargoyle.jpeg

I told my son, Keegan, that I needed a Herald of Graz'zt. He asked what the Herald looked like and I told him to just use his imagination. This is what he came up with -
2022_06_herald.jpeg

Finally, I had some scatter terrain for jungle ruins that I needed painted. Fortunately, my son, Steve, picked up some brushes and cranked the pieces out for me.
2022_07_jungle_ruins_01.jpeg

2022_07_jungle_ruins_02.jpeg

I always enjoy our Sunday gaming sessions, but it is even more exciting when we have some new minis and terrain to put on the table!

That's it for this time.

Keep painting and crafting.

pogre

Legend
Not intentional, but today's assortment of minis come through various means. First, is a conventional pewter miniature from Crocodile Games - priestess.
2022_10_priestess.jpeg

Next, is an animated armor miniature a friend printed for me in resin:
2022_11_animatedarmor.jpeg

Finally, a pair of custom sculpted figures my son, Keegan, created from wire armatures and kneadatite. The first is a Mummy Lord:
2022_12_mummylord_a.jpeg

2022_12_mummylord_b.jpeg

Second is a spy PC he just finished:
2022_13_spy.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Until next time...
Keep painting and crafting!

Last edited:

MGibster

Legend
Second is a spy PC he just finished:
I'm kind of digging that spy. That's a wicked looked weapon he's got there to boot. I like the Egyptian flavored miniatures as well. I don't see enough of those.

I'm almost done with this Mancrusher Gargant from Games Workshop. For my latest project, I decided I wanted to work on my flesh tones and I'm especially proud of how his face has turned out. I just need to finish painting his club, armbands, and his forearms and I'm done. Will finish this week I think.

It actually took me a significant amount of time.

Base: 3 layers of Bugman's Glow
1st Layer: 3 layers of Bugman's Glow and Cadian Flesh
2nd Layer: 3 layers of Cadian Flesh
Wash: Some flesh color wash (forget which)
Glaze: A violet glaze was applied to the face.
3rd Layer: 3 Layers of Kislev Flesh and Cadian Flesh

Giant_2.JPG

MGibster

Legend
I finally finished the giant and here he is in all his fleshly glory. He was a lot of fun to paint but not so much fun to assemble. There were a lot of gaps I didn't do a great job filling. It's something I need to practice. But at $125 for a pair, I think the models could have fewer gaps during assembly.

Giant_Done.JPG

pogre

Legend
Unintentionally I painted mostly aberrations this time around:
2022_15_tentacles_b.jpeg

2022_15_tentacles_a.jpeg

A strange little mimic a friend printed for me:
2022_14_mimic_b.jpeg

Finally, a cliff path I did this week for my game. First purely vertical battle terrain I have created:
cliff_final.jpeg

Thanks for looking -
Until next time keep crafting and painting.

MGibster

Legend
Unintentionally I painted mostly aberrations this time around:
I'm sure you were under the influence of some eldritch power from beyond the nether regions. I like that cliff you did. I wouldn't have thought of that as a piece of terrain for a game.

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4