D&D 5E Polearm Master Feat

Kalshane

First Post
I got ahold of a 13th century training manual once that showed a maneuver where you hold your sword by the blade(!) and bash the opponent's in the head with the crossguard.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

German technique for fighting foes in armor. (You can also strike with the pommel that way.)

A longsword is a pretty versatile (beyond the D&D sense) and fun weapon. Generally, if you're fighting someone in plate, you can hack at them with your blade all day without doing much to them. So you either go half-sword (one hand on the hilt, one on the blade) and use your sword like a spear/staff/wrestling implement to either jab the point into a weak point in the armor, clobber them in the head with the pommel/crossguard and/or haul them to the ground and then stab them or you flip your sword over and use it like a war hammer.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I swear I read this thread on a BBS message board thread in 1986. Well...one rather like it anyway. Things change, but D&D fans arguing about what realistic medieval weapons were like relative to weapons listed in the D&D player's handbook apparently is not one of them.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I swear I read this thread on a BBS message board thread in 1986. Well...one rather like it anyway. Things change, but D&D fans arguing about what realistic medieval weapons were like relative to weapons listed in the D&D player's handbook apparently is not one of them.
I'm glad you are amused, but I'm not sure I noticed anyone arguing.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads