D&D 5E [Poll] Are any of the subclasses underpowered?

Are any of the subclasses underpowered?

Immoralkickass has the right of it. Undying Warlock's abilities are all next to useless. Aside from that, their expanded spell list doesn't compare well with other patrons. I'm surprised this one isn't ranked higher in the underpowered classes poll. Perhaps because it's in SCAG fewer people have read it?

Immoralkickass has the right of it. Undying Warlock's abilities are all next to useless. Aside from that, their expanded spell list doesn't compare well with other patrons. I'm surprised this one isn't ranked higher in the underpowered classes poll. Perhaps because it's in SCAG fewer people have read it?
:unsure: The PDK is from the same place, has lots of votes, and doesn't actually compare badly to Champion.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
People's enjoyment is the only thing that matters.

D&D is not a competitive game and the parameters of the challenges are all over the place.

Determining power within a broad range is very hard to do. Most people can't actually do it in actual strategy games where there are winners and losers.

Some people would enjoy have non-underpowered versions of some of these classes. So I'm glad your willing to help!

Iry

Hero
If minmaxers knew what they were doing they wouldn't value many of the things as highly as they do.
This is true. The desire to optimize is not the same as being skilled at it. I had one player that would openly brag about the combinations he came up with, and how they could defeat my challenges. It wasn't that he was bad at it, I was just a frequent poster on the 3.5 Char Op boards and was already familiar with far more broken and insane things. And I wasn't an antagonistic DM anyway.

So it was always like "Alright man. As long as you're having fun and making sure the other players are having fun as well."

Temp HP shines at this...

Agreed...False Life at will, ala the Invocation is really powerful at 1st tier.

Here's the problem. Artillerist does it better.

Also Agreed, Temp HP as a bonus action, is even more powerful than False Life.

That said, I see an Alchemist as more likely to be approved for Table Usage, than an Artillerist.
An Artillerist, thematically just does not fit in at a lot of Tables.

Alchemy, however, if it was good enough for Isaac Newton, it should be good enough to pass muster with the DM.😄

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases