D&D 5E [Poll] Are any of the subclasses underpowered?

Are any of the subclasses underpowered?

Pali
If warlock was good as a standalone class, minmaxers wouldn't be talking about 'warlock dips' all the time.
Paladin is one of, if not the best, single class from 1-20 and it's still one of the most popular classes in quite a few multiclass builds.
Warlocks are just more front loaded and Cha SaDness for a lv is a low entry cost.

LOL, why is it a 'mad' assertion that a class that is intended to use firearms, makes a magical gun, and creates animated mobile cannons is not an automatic fit for all games?

LOL, why is it a 'mad' assertion that a class that is intended to use firearms, makes a magical gun, and creates animated mobile cannons is not an automatic fit for all games?
I mean it all can be reflavored to fit the setting firearms =wands, cannon = small elemental.
I can't see why artificer is suddenly breaking immersion anymore than any other class.

I’m not disagreeing with you Stoutstien, but as it seems that you joined the boards last Tuesday at 2:12 am, (w/ 89 posts already, so the date listed is probably incorrect), but I am still often surprised by how many people’s reaction is to ban or alter anything that does meet a narrow aesthetic criteria for D&D.

I’m not disagreeing with you Stoutstien, but as it seems that you joined the boards last Tuesday at 2:12 am, (w/ 89 posts already, so the date listed is probably incorrect), but I am still often surprised by how many people’s reaction is to ban or alter anything that does meet a narrow aesthetic criteria for D&D.
I was active a while back but lost old account so had to reset. Been active online alot due to a broken collarbone so I have idle hands.

Yea I always think of DnD 5e to very setting neutral (or multiverse same difference) so restrictions based on flavor always fall flat.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
While I like the idea of the Wild Sorcerer, its not a well designed class to me. Too much of the class falls into DM purview for effectiveness, and its way too swingy at low levels. If you roll that fireball effects at low levels you could actually TPK your own party.

That's not a good class design for a team based game. Whether its "weak" or not is debatable, but its just not a good functioning class for standard party play.

Merudo

Explorer
If warlock was good as a standalone class, minmaxers wouldn't be talking about 'warlock dips' all the time.

Warlock is excellent at tier 1 (level 1-4). The problem is that Warlock becomes subpar compared to other full casters at tier 2 (level 5-9), and outright not functional at tier 3 & 4.

Merudo

Explorer
While I like the idea of the Wild Sorcerer, its not a well designed class to me. Too much of the class falls into DM purview for effectiveness, and its way too swingy at low levels. If you roll that fireball effects at low levels you could actually TPK your own party.

Yeah, that infamous Fireball needs to go. Maybe change the "Fireball" to a custom explosion effect that does Xd8 damage, where X is the number of levels of the Sorcerer?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases