D&D 5E Poll for PC's with 4 or more levels in a class.

My current (or last PC with 4 or more levels) has 4 or more levels in:

Mephista

Adventurer
Multiclassing is pretty unusual in my games. I see a wide variety of PCs. The latest currently has a bard, a barbarian and a warlock, all pure leveled.

As for me personally, I'm more itching to play a ranger or a rogue next.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Besides I want to try a champion fighter/shield master option, I think it could be more effective than people give them credit for.

I played a champion fighter shield master. Had lots of fun. I played him as more of a defender role. Based off of one of my favorite 1e PC (I do that a lot), a fighter I played like a paladin, but didn't have the stats for it in 1e. Now I like him as a fighter anyway. Still does the whole knight and shining armor thing without actually being a paladin. All of the knightyness, none of the pompous angst. ;)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I played a champion fighter shield master. Had lots of fun. I played him as more of a defender role. Based off of one of my favorite 1e PC (I do that a lot), a fighter I played like a paladin, but didn't have the stats for it in 1e. Now I like him as a fighter anyway. Still does the whole knight and shining armor thing without actually being a paladin. All of the knightyness, none of the pompous angst. ;)
I'm sure [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] will be proud. :)

Oofta

Legend
I'm sure [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] will be proud. :)

I was thinking of running a gnome dual rapier wielding paladin just for [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION], but there's only so far I can go to troll an anonymous web user. Still, Sir Stabs-A-Lot could be a lot of fun. I even have a picture for him :D

Dual Rapier Gnome With Owl Holy Symbol and Aura.jpg

Oofta

Legend
Champion Fighter with Duelist style, coupled with Defense or Protectikn style when he gets a second, and the Shield Master feat....it’s a very solid build.

Don’t listen to the DPR slaves that will tell you otherwise! ;)

I actually wrote a program to compare fighting styles, including not just DPR but also how long the character would live in a cage match. Duelist Shield master does better than GWM most of the time (my simulation went up to level 12 vs a variety of monsters). I need to do a post showing results some day.

Whether or not my simulation was accurate, at the very least it indicated they're in the same ballpark. Between knocking prone for advantage (or re-positioning opponents for tactical reasons) and a higher AC it should be a lot of fun.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
My last character had exactly 4 levels of fighter - if I'm already at 3 for the subclass, going 4 for an ASI is almost mandatory if you don't want to be far behind the ASI curve. I'll go as far as saying that if you are using point buy, 95 out of 100 cases if you take fighter 3 you'll take fighter 4. Whihc makes 4 the cusp that both primary class and a "bigger dip". I'd like to see this same poll with 5 levels required.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I was thinking of running a gnome dual rapier wielding paladin just for [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION], but there's only so far I can go to troll an anonymous web user. Still, Sir Stabs-A-Lot could be a lot of fun. I even have a picture for him :D
Wow. If he never posts again, I think we can assume this image drove him away. :)

I answered warlock, it is my most recent character.
I currently have 3 characters, for 3 active games. A level 19 Bard (monthly game), level 8 Paladin (different monthly game), & level 7 Warlock (every other Friday game)...They are all single class.

Yardiff

Adventurer
A lot of fighters I've encounter over the years have had no 'class' to speak of, including a couple I've played.

Last edited:

Remove ads