D&D 5E Poll: Should Orzel's "Favored Enemy" idea be implemented in D&D Next?

Should the "Favored Enemy" idea from Orzel be implemented into D&D Next?

• Yes

Votes: 95 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 23.4%

am181d

Adventurer
It's not a bad idea. Personally I prefer an option that's focused on actual hunting/pursuit. Something like "if you spend X amount of time observing or tracking an enemy, you get a +x to hit and opposed checks and/or +xd6 to damage."

This removes the "racist" element to the character and puts the focus on a core competency: hunting.

CM

Adventurer
Missing option: "Yes, but..."

Do I think it should be implemented? Yes.
Do I think it should be mandatory for all rangers? No.

dagger

Adventurer
Updated 'giant class' table from 1e Unearthed Arcana.

giantclass_ec5wcxtlmg.jpg

FWIW, my proposed modification addresses the killing thing.

Could you link (or re-post) your modification...I'm slogging through the "I love Orzel" thread right now...but it's taking a while to get past all the "+1 for the bandwagon posts".

(Course I'm on the bandwagon too.)

I really like the Orzel option, but I'd also tweak it by adding that you get advantage when dealing with members of the actual race/favored enemy.

Also, just to be sure that the devs get a hold of this juicy piece of game design... I'll post a little shoutout to @mudbunny right here so he can read this thread and also find the original one (though he probably already is aware).

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Also, just to be sure that the devs get a hold of this juicy piece of game design... I'll post a little shoutout to @mudbunny right here so he can read this thread and also find the original one (though he probably already is aware).

Work has been insane, and I haven't had a chance to hit these forums in a while and hadn't seen the thread yet. I will pass it along.

Thanks!!

Remove ads