[Poll] Weapon style used by your Fighters ?

Your Fighters fighting style ?

• Weapon & Shield

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • One Big Weapon (2-hand)

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Double Weapon

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • 2 Weapons

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Reach Weapon

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • Archer / Missiles

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • 1 Weapon only (1 free hand)

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Unarmed / Gauntlet

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Whip

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • What´s a weapon for ?

Votes: 2 1.4%

Holy Bovine

First Post
My pure fighter uses a Monkey-Gripped Greatsword & Lg Shield. Or against bigger, slower foes (ie low AC) he'll ditch the shield and go for the 50% Str damage increase. He also has a glaive. W/ Quick Draw and Combat Reflexes he can get AoO then switch to Greatsword at close range.

Not the best combo but his greatsword is an heirloom of his father's named Blacksong and his only sign of his inheiritance. My DM (after reading the background for the character and sword) declared that Blacksong was Masterwork. He'll always use it before any other weapon.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Greatsword with monkey grip ? Is the -2 penalty and a feat worth it ? Wouldnt it be better spend some money magical AC ?

As for mercurial weapons they are too munchkin... they dont make any logical sense as well... silly things...

Sorry I forgot mounted combat... shame on me I have a dwarven rider... :( Still its so hard to charge something on horseback now (ponyback ?) After the DM sees how deadly I am outdoors he brought most adventures into the dungeons. :(

Ron

Explorer
My current fighter like character is a Ranger (M. Cook variant) styled as light infantary. He usually do all scout while during the fights he stay at the second line with a long spear. He's quite effective this way, although in the last section the party took a lot of beating and he needed to take his broadsword and went to the first line.

Garmorn

Explorer
Most of our fighters got sword and shield, but we have two characters that are quite different.

The first is a mounted warrior that has picked up every bow and mounted feat. It realy hurts when she leaves the rogue and cleric in the front lines to stand back and use a bow. Of course with Specialization, Weapon Focus, Improved Critical: Longbow along with point blank and precise shot she does not miss often.

The other concentrates on the Bastardsword. By taking Exotic Weapon, Weapon Focus, and (if he reaches 4th level) Specialization Bastardsword along with Twoweapon Combat, Ambedixtirity, and Quickdraw he gains a lot in veseitily. He can as a free action go from Sword and Shield to either Two weapons or a single twohanded weapon as needed.

Kage Tenjin

First Post
Spiked Chain

A combination of both the big weapon on reach. I'm running a Fighter/Artsocrat(military) multiclass, and I'm in the front line pulling our party wizard's butt from the fire when he decides he's a fighter. :rolleyes: Using the combat reflexes and knockdown, I do a fighter's job of controlling the battlefield. Most of the other characters in the party either use a single sword or a ranged weapon.

zouron

First Post
I tend towards seveal styles for fighters.

two weapons (whip and long sword)
singel weapon (Battle Axe)

Hand and a Half (Bastard sword... my absolute favorite! uses that 90% of the time with fighters)

two weapons (twin swords, crossbows etc)

Grim

First Post
Umm... one of my fighters is a halfling (Rgr/Brb/Praire Runner) with a short sword and a daggar, and the other is a half-drow with either a long lance (and combat reflexes :D ) or a scimitar and a shield, or a composite bow... and I have a cleric with a bastard sword and a shield... thats kind of cool...

Remove ads