D&D 5E Poll: What adventures would you want officially updated for 5E

What modules would you want officially adapted to 5E?

• A Paladin in Hell

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • A1-A4: Scourge of the Slave Lords

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • Age of Worms

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • X2: Castle Amber

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • D1-D3: Descent into the Depths of the Earth

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • I3-I5: Desert of Desolation

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Gorgoldand's Gauntlet

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • B5: Horror on the Hill

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • X1: The Isle of Dread

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • B2: The Keep on the Borderlands

• Keep on the Shadowfell

• Kill Bargle

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Kingdom of the Ghouls

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • L1-L3: The Secret of Bone Hill, the Assassin's Knot, Deep Dwarven Delve

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Labyrinth of Madness

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Night Below

Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Q1: Queen of the Demonweb Pits

Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Rahasia

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Red Hand of Doom

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • Shackled City

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • The Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WG4: The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • I10: The House on Gryphon Hill

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • S4: The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • The Shattered Circle

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • UK2-UK3: The Sentinel, The Gauntlet

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Savage Tides

Votes: 8 7.3%

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That's probably bad news for anyone wanting a Bastion of Broken Souls official conversion then, despite it being a pretty interesting module from a cosmology standpoint.
I should clarify that it wasn't that it was a pain, but that they felt that was where they added the most value in the conversion process. The 1E and Next stuff was statistically straightforward.

I actually did have a look at converting Castle Amber to 5e myself (being a tight-fisted Northerner). It's not straightforward! Not even clear what kind of level to target.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
How weird is it that I've been playing D&D on and off since the late '70s and do not recall ever playing any of these adventures? I guess most of the groups I've been part of have leaned toward homebrewed stuff. Weird!

Of course, you may have played some of the classics without knowing it, unless your DMs were all careful to announce 'I ran out of ideas this week so just grabbed a dungeon from White Dwarf and changed the names'.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Against the Cult of Chaos were both released as part of the playtest for 5e, so the conversion is mostly done already.
Doesn't it merge B2 and N1? I would assume they would have to be unmerged to do a separate product.

I am running the OAR version of B2 and, other than the fact that Goodman apparently isn't allowed to do a digital version of the product, it's very good.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Doesn't it merge B2 and N1? I would assume they would have to be unmerged to do a separate product.

I am running the OAR version of B2 and, other than the fact that Goodman apparently isn't allowed to do a digital version of the product, it's very good.
Yes, it merged B2 and N1 together with T1: Village of Hommlet.

There was a lot going on in and around that village.

hopeless

Adventurer
I ran a variation of Against the Cult of the Reptile God in a 5e and thought it was great though I wish I was a better dm!
Got inspired by a war stories video by Seth Skorkowsky and had it be about the Cult of the Cloaked Serpent taking over the village via Naga Spawn (think Goa'uld possession).
Never expected that to make a decent recurring villain so yes I'd love to see that be rereleased for 5e along with the Desert of Desolation series!

Remove ads